Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2022, 12:54 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Edit limitations?

For a few days I had the following weird situation with this site:

I wanted to edit a post multiple times (partially, step by step) because of multiple formatting issues.

First and maybe second edit works.

Quickly when I "save" my edit the result will show "404 page not found" and edit is lost.

If I try reloading I am completely (!) blocked from the site after a few tries. Website timeout error.

Then after waiting for a day I can see pentaxforums again.

If I do the edit thing again I get blocked again. (happened three times now I think). So I do not dare edit my post to correct the formatting.

05-21-2022, 01:56 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oh I have been blocked from pentaxforums a number of times, I just log in on with my user credentials from a second system (or on my phone) and after passing a "are you a human?*" anti-bot check, everything works fine again....unless I get caught in editing hell again.

* I'm actually on vacation from Sirius, amazing I found this planet as your sun is so dim...
05-21-2022, 11:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
oh I have been blocked from pentaxforums a number of times, I just log in on with my user credentials from a second system (or on my phone) and after passing a "are you a human?*" anti-bot check, everything works fine again....unless I get caught in editing hell again.

* I'm actually on vacation from Sirius, amazing I found this planet as your sun is so dim...
'Shirley, you cannot be Sirius ?

I am - and don't call me Shirley'.
05-21-2022, 11:49 AM   #4

Why not use the "preview changes" option rather than multiple saves and edits?

05-21-2022, 07:15 PM   #5
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
For a few days I had the following weird situation with this site:

I wanted to edit a post multiple times (partially, step by step) because of multiple formatting issues.

First and maybe second edit works.

Quickly when I "save" my edit the result will show "404 page not found" and edit is lost.

If I try reloading I am completely (!) blocked from the site after a few tries. Website timeout error.

Then after waiting for a day I can see pentaxforums again.

If I do the edit thing again I get blocked again. (happened three times now I think). So I do not dare edit my post to correct the formatting.
You might find the below link helpful.......

Help: 404 error messages followed by inability to access PF - PentaxForums.com
05-22-2022, 09:22 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
So I do not dare edit my post to correct the formatting.
Next time it happens, please shoot me a PM right away and I'll let you know what content is problematic and how to avoid the error. The post above also offers a few extra pointers on common issues such as certain HTML code or apostrophes in attachment names.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: