Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
New problem. Can't log in from home WiFi

I had initially thought this was related to the posting problem in my other thread. (Perhaps it is?)
I cannot even access the forum when using my home WiFi from either my phone or chromebook unless I use a VPN. I can access any other site though. I can also access the forum using my mobile network.
Perhaps the post I tried to submit that had the null byte triggered a forum side security measure?
I've deleted cache, cookies, and cleared the dns cache.

06-09-2022, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #2
-
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep, I've had that before, Jim... not for a while, but it happens from time-to-time. Adam will need to ublock your IP. While you're waiting, you could always use Tor (that's what I do)...
06-09-2022, 11:26 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
SOLVED. Now unblocked thanks to DuckDuckGo
That was the problem. I thought maybe a browser issue so I tried using a different browser. Not a browser issue, it was on the forum side. I got this message when trying with DuckDuckGo:
Attached Images

06-09-2022, 11:28 AM   #4
-
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
SOLVED. Now unblocked thanks to DuckDuckGo
Oh, that's handy! Thanks for the info, Jim. I wonder if Adam might publish this somewhere for everyone's benefit? I've wasted a considerable amount of my time and his over the years, asking if he could reset my IP in the forum system...

06-09-2022, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
you could always use Tor (that's what I do)...
I used to when I had a PC. After a Windows 10 update bricked my laptop a few years ago I switched to Chromebook. TOR doesn't have a version for Chrome OS but I have Norton 360 which includes a VPN. Probably not as secure as TOR but c'est la vie.