Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
06-21-2022, 06:36 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Advertising?

Is it my imagination or has the amount of advertising on Pentax Forums increased a bunch over the past 6 months?

It seems that I am seeing ads on the sides; above Latest Forum Discussions listings; a big footer ad when I first click on; etc. Maybe these have always been here and I have forgotten with age, but then... maybe not.

Anyone else noticing this?

06-21-2022, 07:16 AM - 2 Likes   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

I use an ad-blocker and don't see any ads....
06-21-2022, 07:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian

The ads on the mobile site are close to disruptive. Some take over the whole screen. And these are relatively new, only appearing in the last few weeks.
06-21-2022, 01:40 PM - 2 Likes   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I use an ad-blocker and don't see any ads....
Me too...

06-21-2022, 04:37 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
Is it my imagination or has the amount of advertising on Pentax Forums increased a bunch over the past 6 months?

It seems that I am seeing ads on the sides; above Latest Forum Discussions listings; a big footer ad when I first click on; etc. Maybe these have always been here and I have forgotten with age, but then... maybe not.

Anyone else noticing this?
You should not see ads outside of the homepage as a site supporter. If you do, please email screenshots to contactpf at this domain.

As for disruptive ads, Google has a product called auto ads that sometimes needs a bit of tuning. So, any screenshots/examples there would also be much appreciated. We otherwise haven't changed anything in a while.
07-19-2022, 07:35 AM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks for sending in those screenshots! Flyover and interstitial ads should no longer appear throughout the site.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-19-2022, 06:44 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you!