Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2022, 01:57 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That's a good story.

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"~Mark Twain

It would be inappropriate of us to publicly disclose the particulars of the communication you received that advised you of the reason your status was changing temporarily.
If, however, you'd like to; feel free.
Look at the thread yourself.
I’m sure there are some ‘Mod’ notes also.

09-01-2022, 02:06 PM   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Look at the thread yourself.
I’m sure there are some ‘Mod’ notes also.
Yes, there are, but none of those have anything to do with why you cannot, for the time being, edit your posts or send PMs.

As I said above, feel free to post the communication you received or, if you'd prefer, I can post a screen shot of it but will only do so with your permission. Until recently we would not be having this discussion at all. We had a rule prohibiting public discussion of moderator actions taken on individuals or their posts. We removed that rule in the interest of transparency and openness. In the interest of fairness and protecting members' privacy, however, there are certain things I personally won't reveal without the affected member's express permission.

Last edited by Parallax; 09-01-2022 at 02:15 PM.
09-01-2022, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

My “NF” account still shows a ‘PF’ message to you with no responses.
I’m not very adept there, but you have in the past responded to me.

My last message in this thread included material I expected ‘Parallax’ to moderate.
That is basically what I would have sent privately to you here if ‘PM’s were permitted.
Could you please elaborate on the issue you experienced with the contact form? To your point, being isolated is not the intention and its something that must be fixed if it's affecting your user experience.

I also understand your frustration with regards to the NF PM, but I do want to be clear that this is not a good way to reach me or anyone else associated with PF, and certainly not a channel that gets the type of attention that inquiries here do.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-01-2022, 02:49 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes, there are, but none of those have anything to do with why you cannot, for the time being, edit your posts or send PMs.

As I said above, feel free to post the communication you received or, if you'd prefer, I can post a screen shot of it but will only do so with your permission. Until recently we would not be having this discussion at all. We had a rule prohibiting public discussion of moderator actions taken on individuals or their posts. We removed that rule in the interest of transparency and openness. In the interest of fairness and protecting members' privacy, however, there are certain things I personally won't reveal without the affected member's express permission.
What I know is that the steps I can take were limited around Aug 21 @ 12:45 when a moderation note appeared in my profile and I received PM signed "The Moderators" entited A message from the moderators;
in actual fact, the strongest comments I remember making back then of the sort "it was not necessary to complain about the K-3iii here".

Since then postings by me appear after a delay to be viewed. Recently, on Aug 29 @ 12:10 am I received a PM entitled Posts not appearing, suggesting that I don't seem to have learned much from my 'time out'.
Since you are a "Senior Moderator" I assume you and/or @Adam have access to all of this, and can figure out while I cannot send PM's or edit of my posts {as said earlier, "muzzling" me would have little meaning if I could then add stuff later}.

09-01-2022, 02:59 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Could you please elaborate on the issue you experienced with the contact form? To your point, being isolated is not the intention and its something that must be fixed if it's affecting your user experience.
Yesterday, a got a system message saying that this function was not available to me.
I didn't get that message today; I'm not certain whether my account was changed in the meantime, or whether I took a different path to get there {I do have to check a box telling the nature of my issue}.
I used the "NF" approach because at the time I seemingly was running out of options, and I really was feeling isolated - the most recent moderator message just made me feel more.
09-01-2022, 03:08 PM - 1 Like   #21
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

the strongest comments I remember making back then of the sort "it was not necessary to complain about the K-3iii here".
I completely understand that memory often fails us. That's why we document everything. That's why the relevant comments are always included in such communications.
Again, with your permission, I'd be happy to post a screen shot from the moderator forum of the communication we sent you that includes the post you were responding to, your reply, and our explanation to you of what the issues were.

You brought this up by starting this thread and I think we owe it to you to continue the dialogue until you're satisfied that it's been addressed sufficiently.
09-01-2022, 03:50 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I completely understand that memory often fails us. That's why we document everything. That's why the relevant comments are always included in such communications.
Again, with your permission, I'd be happy to post a screen shot from the moderator forum of the communication we sent you that includes the post you were responding to, your reply, and our explanation to you of what the issues were.

You brought this up by starting this thread and I think we owe it to you to continue the dialogue until you're satisfied that it's been addressed sufficiently.
Go ahead

09-01-2022, 03:55 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Again, I had three concerns, not my being “muzzled”, but
1. my difficulties talking to @Adam
2. my not being able to PM to anyone {I still cannot figure how to send a PM to you, even
3. continued comments about the K-3iii in a thread supposedly about the KP
09-01-2022, 04:09 PM   #24
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Go ahead
As you wish.
Attached Images

09-01-2022, 04:33 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
As you wish.
I was unnecessarily rude.
I’m not complaining about my being “muzzled”.
I believe that mini-thread began by his asking for a”flippy” LCD on the K-3iii.
I misunderstood and thought it was for him.
I was getting increasingly frustrated by requests for a “flippy” K-3iii LCD on a thread that was supposed to be about the KPii.
Now the whole thread is probably a waste of time because I think the KP was a one of the kind sort of thing,
but even so, I knew what the complaints had been before the K-3iii had been released, and I was curious
how people felt now, but people kept coming back to the K-3iii. Even in the past week, they do that on occasion.

And does this explain
1. my difficulties talking to @Adam
2. my not being able to PM to anyone {I still cannot figure how to send a PM to you, even
3. and of course I remain frustrated by comments about the K-3iii in a thread supposedly about the mythical KPii
09-01-2022, 04:52 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

And 'round and 'round we go.

closed
Closed Thread