Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-06-2022, 08:35 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why paypal?

I would have loved to make the 20$ donation to stay on the forum and post some pictures, however when i go to the donations page i'm left with no other option than to open up a paypal account wich i won't. So if this isn't resolved it is goodbye to the pentax forum for me.

11-06-2022, 08:41 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thatcameraguy Quote
I would have loved to make the 20$ donation to stay on the forum and post some pictures, however when i go to the donations page i'm left with no other option than to open up a paypal account wich i won't. So if this isn't resolved it is goodbye to the pentax forum for me.
I am pretty sure you don't need to make a donation to post pictures. Why do you think you do?
11-06-2022, 09:00 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Registered users can post up to 40 photos uploaded to an album, plus up to 50 photos in a gallery. Need More Photo Space? Donation info / Account Comparison (Pentaxian/Site Supporter) - PentaxForums.com

Donations can be made via Paypal, or with a credit card processed through Paypal (which, in my experience, does not require a Paypal account)

On the main donation page, there is a link to arrange other forms of payment: PentaxForums.com PayPal Donations
11-06-2022, 01:38 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by thatcameraguy Quote
You should be able to donate using a card without creating a paypal account, but this doesn't work in all cases. There are other ways to donate, however, such as a bank transfer or a check. If you'd like to do that please shoot me a PM.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-22-2022, 01:14 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Problem solved, used the paypal account from my wife ��
11-22-2022, 01:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Seems to depend on location. In USA PayPal allows paying with credit card as guest, when I changed location to Belgium I was forced to create PayPal account...
Seems also to differ for automatic yearly donations or single one year donations. Weird.
Used the bank transfer method...