Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2023, 06:59 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This month's photo contest

Question about this month's photo contest "Landscape in Monochrome" --
What all is included in the term "Landscape"? Can you be more specific. For example, what about an photo that focuses on the exterior of a building? Or a photo that includes people outside? Or a photo of an outside sports or other activity?

03-09-2023, 12:44 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unless there are specific restrictions posted (in this case there are not), you are free to apply your interpretation of the theme, but keep in mind that fellow users will do the same when nominating photos.

Personally I would consider photos of sports / buildings to be a landscape if they focus on how those elements integrate with the surrounding natural areas, rather than being the primary subject. Sports close-ups or buildings within a city would likely be a different story. Hope this helps!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-09-2023, 07:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, your answer is very helpful and enlightening and pretty much agrees with what I was thinking, but just needed some confirmation. Lou P.