Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2023, 02:43 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
URL BBcode rendering issues in flickr attribution

I noticed that BBcode generated by Flickr often causes some lines or paragraphs to disappear. Take for example the following post:

Single in March 2023 14th Upside down optional theme - Monthly Photo Challenges - PentaxForums.com

I left the title and attribution for the first image intact, present in the source. It is displayed correctly in the WISYWIG editor and even in the post after saving it, however no HTML code is generated for it when you later retrieve the post.

Below the other two pictures, I was able to work around the issue by putting the attribution on a line by itself.

The source looks correct to me. Is there maybe special flickr URL parsing that breaks the HTML generation? I tried replacing the '@', but that did not help.

03-15-2023, 10:33 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I recall that we moved that link to the image itself to streamline viewability on mobile. If you change the wording or the formatting as you've done, then the text will still appear.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-16-2023, 12:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I recall that we moved that link to the image itself to streamline viewability on mobile. If you change the wording or the formatting as you've done, then the text will still appear.
Thanks for the explanation. You didn't actually move it, but you silently strip it altogether - the image is wrapped into a link on its own anyway. The inconsistent behavior between editor/preview and later retrieval is confusing though, and as you see from the existence of this thread, far from obvious. My suggestion is to strip it only if it appears on the same line as the image, i.e. for a non-edited flickr-generate BBcode snippet, but to keep it if a newline is inserted in between, indicating that the author actually thought about placement of the title below the image.
03-16-2023, 10:12 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
My suggestion is to strip it only if it appears on the same line as the image, i.e. for a non-edited flickr-generate BBcode snippet
That's the intention. I checked that the easiest way would be for you to simply change the "by" or "on" to another word.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: