Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SAVE button in EDIT not working

I don't know if it's just me or not but it's happened both at work and at home in the last day or two. When I go into EDIT to correct something in a post, then hit SAVE, the system churns along for a while and an "error on page" alert eventually appears in my window. If I then "GO ADVANCED" and hit SAVE there the corrections are posted fine.

Mike

01-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've just finished upgrading the board to vB 3.8. Did that fix the problem?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not just you Mike! Happened to me too this AM - same symptoms, but more like a timeout. I had to go to Advanced mode to save the edit.

Regards,
Marc
01-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I ran my edit at 8:04AM. Just tried a basic edit on the same post, and it's saved correctly in basic mode.

Mike?

01-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Test post!

Edit: Everything works for me. Mike, you may have experienced the error during the time I was uploading the files for 3.8. There was a patch file I uploaded at the end that dealt with AJAX issues, so you must have been attempting to edit your posts sometime before that.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had no problems whatsoever today.....
01-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
All better now.