Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
User photo gallery(ies)

Good evening,

I have just joined in yesterday and, after the introduction, I have posted a couple of times, and seems to work ok.
The only problem for this part I have is on "how do I find where I posted" ?

Next: about the "gallery" ... "albums" and the like.
I see that the "Create an Album" bit was missing from the UserCP and you have redirected us to the "User Photo Gallery" where one can posts images there.
I notice that some members have a personal "album"; how is this possible?
Can I do the same too? Or can I only post in those specific galleries already active: nature, architecture, etc ...?

Finally: I understand that the maximum size is 1MB per photo, with a maximum of 50 photos per user; and that one can only post a photo with a maximum of 1MB as well, in posts and threads.
Is there a limit "pixel" width-height ... I would imagine so. I know how to resize but would be nice to know what all the limits are.Edited:
I hope you can answer all of those questions and I am sure I will be back for more answers because I am trying to understand the Uploading rpoceses used here.

Edition: I aske this before but I cannot find the post! How do we find - retrieve all the posts that we have "posted" ??

Thanks in advance.

JP

Last edited by jpzk; 01-09-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: forgot one question
01-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Damn Brit

JP, to answer your question about finding your posts (or other peoples). there are tools in the left hand box of each post. Click on the members name and options will appear. If you click on 'Find More Posts by ...' you will get all posts by that member.
If you click on 'View Public Profile' you will be taken to another screen, click on statistics and you will be able to search for all threads started by that member.

To find a members 'gallery', there is another option in the left hand corner of each post.
'Gallery Photos x' (x being the number of photos), click on the number and you will be taken to all the gallery pictures downloaded by that member.

To load pictures into the gallery, I find that 1936x1296 works well for me, 800x536 is the best size for attaching to a post.

Hope this answers your questions.
01-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Gary, Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

I wonder if you can help one more time:
how do you create your own gallery here? I see you have one and, by the way, very good!
Since I am rather technically handicapped , I wouldn't mind having some detailed instructions because I just couldn't find that in the "Instructions".
01-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There is no resolution limit for the gallery. All uploaded images are stored in original size as well as 600px and 300px versions for convenient linking.

Personal albums don't truly exist, but you can browse photos by user by clicking the links provided in the post bit or profile, or via the gallery directly. Have a look at the link to the site usage guide in my signature for more helpful pointers with site usage.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

To "create" a gallery, simply go to the gallery, select a category, and upload a photo using the link provided in the upper-right corner of the filmstrip.

See these two threads for screenshots and usage details. It doesn't get easier than this!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/latest-board-news/35081-improvement-perso...o-gallery.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/latest-board-news/7541-photo-gallery-improvements.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks again Adam, appreciate your efforts to make me understand better.
I am now quite ready to build a small assortment of photos which I will soon post.
Cheers.
JP