Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mass-PM Social Group Members

A long-reqested feature, social group owners can now mass-PM all members of their social group by using the new link provided at the bottom of the group index page. This will prove useful for organizing get-togethers or events.

Note that this feature will not be usable for groups containing more than 75 members.

Enjoy!

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-13-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Did you get Dosdan's permission to use his image Adam?
01-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Let's be serious now

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-14-2009, 02:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

A very good feature! I will certainly utilise that fuction quite a bit!

01-14-2009, 03:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Well done Adam - THANKS for another great function, making this an even better forum.
01-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Adam, I just tried to send a Mass PM to my National Capitol Area Pentaxians group and got an error message...

QuoteQuote:
MRRiley, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, your account may be awaiting activation or the forum you have selected may be closed to new posts.
01-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Adam, I just tried to send a Mass PM to my National Capitol Area Pentaxians group and got an error message...
"Your user account may not have sufficient privilages....." One has to know his place...

01-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Access denied, huh? I'll look into that

Adam

01-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The script is coded to only allow group creators to mass-PM their members. Are you the original owner of that group?

I'll let you know if there are any permissions errors in the script; however, as the coding is rather simple, I doubt this.

Adam

01-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Adam, I am the group creater of Melbourne forum. I was not given the access to send group mass email to every one in the forum.

Thanks for looking into this

This would be a fantastic function to make local community work!
01-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Congrats on reaching the 8,000 post mark!

I'm currently looking into the problem and will post any updates should they come up. Temporarily, please PM me the message you originally indended to send, and the name of the usergroup, and I'll get the batch on its way.

Adam

01-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

James, congrats on the 8,000 post mark!
01-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The script is coded to only allow group creators to mass-PM their members. Are you the original owner of that group?

I'll let you know if there are any permissions errors in the script; however, as the coding is rather simple, I doubt this.
Yep... I created it and it says it is managed by me.... No special message at this time. I was just going to send a hello to the group.
01-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congrats on reaching the 8,000 post mark!

I'm currently looking into the problem and will post any updates should they come up. Temporarily, please PM me the message you originally indended to send, and the name of the usergroup, and I'll get the batch on its way.
I will forward the message to you as it is saved Gonna run to another facility to start my new shift. Hehe

Thanks for noticing that! I did not even know I had reached that post count. Relapse of verbal diarrhoea.

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
James, congrats on the 8,000 post mark!
Hope you do not mind my babbling in the mod forum too much...
01-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #15
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote

Hope you do not mind my babbling in the mod forum too much...
Babble away James. Congrats on the 8000th.