Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

"Today's Post" query and "Hi from..." posts

is there any way to remove (or rather not to see) postings from "Welcomes and Introductions" section from the "Today's Post" query... Those "Hi from..." are very irritating !

01-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The only way to do that is to use the advanced search (PentaxForums.com - Search Forums) and only select the forums you are interested in.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have tried that but it seems that an input is necessary for the search box. Is there a way for me to search only via the advanced options without putting anything into the search box? For example I wish to see all post from the last 48 hours (per the drop down) and then highlight the high-level forums excluding "Our Pentax Forum"?
01-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yes, there's a way to do that, but you'll have to manually select the forums you want included (you can find forum IDs by hovering over links in the archive). You also might want to save this URL was a bookmark on your homepage!

PentaxForums.com - Search Results

This particular link will give you all new posts in the discussion forums, but exludes site news, suggestions, welcomes, The Marketplace, contests, and Post Your Photos.

Code:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&forumids=4,32
Code:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily&f=4

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-26-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thanks Adam! I tried using the != modifier on the forumids and the search still came up with the Welcome and Introductions posts. I'm guessing the false statement didn't work. Is there a way to put into the inline code you posted to exclude forumid 29?
01-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

No; you can only list the forums you'd like to include. forumid 4 includes the entire "Pentax Photography" category, and that should work for the majority of informative threads.

Adam

02-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
Veteran Member

sorry to hijack but where the heck did the NEW POSTS link go?
02-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Quicklinks --> Browse New Posts

or

Search --> New Posts (#of posts)

02-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
Veteran Member

but the quicklinks---> new posts only showed me this thread and one more. I haven't been on the site in a few days and I doubt there was that little activity...
02-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Not sure what happened there for you. That typically only happens when I accidentally click on "Mark All Forums Read" and then when I use that link I see no new posts. Then once people start posting it shows up like normal as "new posts."
02-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I wish that was the case. I just clicked browse new posts as soon as i fired up the site. Oh well. Thanks anyway....
02-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The functionality of the "new posts" feature has not been changed. However, the link in the Simple Skin has been moved into the quicklinks menu to maintain compatibility with 1024px screen width.

Adam