Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Marketplace forum is filled with "Moved" (Sold) items

I'm not sure if it's just my browser/computer, but the marketplace is full of items that have been previously moved by a Moderator. See linked image:

01-29-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It isn't just you; the forum is jumbled. I'd suspect either a mod made some kind of error (as it appears many threads were being moved tonight) or the new server hardware isn't cooperating.
01-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
Damn Brit

They have been marked as sold and probably have a redirect on them, they should disappear in a couple of hours. People have been lax in not closing their own threads.
01-30-2009, 03:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I took a look at the threads and 90% of them didn't have expiring redirects on them. The 10% that did had expiring redirects were set to a month later. Since there wasn't an option for me to immediately expire the threads, I manually went to each thread and set a 1 hour expire. After that, they should all disappear from the main sale forum and only be seen in the "sold" forum.

A note to mods : If you move a thread in the sale forum, I think it's best to choose the "Leave no redirect" option since leaving a redirect tends to clutter it up

01-30-2009, 03:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I am shifting all the sold items to go to sold section.

Toshi, I left some threads with "redirect a month" in case you guys want to "re-moderate" these particular ones.

It is better to move some of the sold items to the sold section. Otherwise, the browsing experience is basicly reviewing sold items.
01-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mods, please don't manually move any threads or mark them as sold- either use the "Mark as sold" feature (if available), or contact the member who posted the thread.

Also, redirects can be removed- see the "remove redirects" option in the thread tools.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I will be waiting for that feature to be implemented and perhaps leaving this marketplace moderation to more capable ones.

01-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
Veteran Member

noticed that a lot of people are selling things and taking the time to say "item sold" instead of marking it as sold
01-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I will add a notice to the marketplace forum later today to remind sellers. Thanks

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: