Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Nice Job Adam! Love the colors, always been a Red Freak. Rode Red in MX (Honda) Have a Red (Hellrot) M3, and my original first Pentax (Super Program) came with and still have the Red Pentax strap!

02-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am not sure that it is displaying correctly in Firefox 3 on XP Pro.

Steve
Looks fine to me in Firefox 3.0.6 and XP Pro SP3.

Nicely done, Adam. A very professional look.
02-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #18

Well done, Adam, well done!
02-14-2009, 02:20 AM   #19

I like! well done indeed

02-14-2009, 02:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

A lovely looking front page and theme Adam, well done.
02-14-2009, 02:51 AM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
While I certainly like the physical layout and structure of the new home page, must say the red look ("skin") is just dreadfully gaudy, Adam. Especially so in the forums where it so overwhelms the eyes, distracting from the content of the messages (the text in those messages suddenly seems a lot smaller and less important).

Thanks for providing an option to switch it back to the green layout, but wish the forum software would remember my preference so I don't have to reselect that each and every time I sign in. When you changed the forum layout the last time, you provided an option to select the "skin" in the preferences (which I used to select the "skin" I actually preferred), but I couldn't find that option this time amongst the many forum preferences.

Not exactly thrilled with having to select the green layout while just scanning new messages while not signed in either, but not much say in that given it's not my forum.

stewart
I've gone back on my decision and changed the default back to green. The overwhelming majority (80%) of green skin users has spoken

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-14-2009, 02:54 AM   #22

Fine on my FF. Well done Adam.
Congrat

02-14-2009, 03:04 AM   #23
Pentaxian

The new homepage looks fantastic! Great job. Still like the "Classic Skin" best for the forum. The looks and the easy navigation provided by the new homepage are really nice.
02-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #24
Inactive Account

Looks very professional.
It's like we're all grown up now.

Good job Adam.
02-14-2009, 03:42 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Now the forum looks even higher class than before
02-14-2009, 03:47 AM   #26

I too just came upon this site after having a *good* friday night and it was quite the surprise. Great job! I think this site looks much better than the comparable canon/nikon forums now. Will there be an option to use the older theme? I'm fine with this one, I'm just wondering if the option would be open.
02-14-2009, 04:04 AM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by touchmyichi Quote
I too just came upon this site after having a *good* friday night and it was quite the surprise. Great job! I think this site looks much better than the comparable canon/nikon forums now. Will there be an option to use the older theme? I'm fine with this one, I'm just wondering if the option would be open.
The default is now back to green- and yes, all 4 current themes will remain selectable permanently.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-14-2009, 04:31 AM   #28

Great work!! Professional and to-the-point. Well done!
02-14-2009, 04:44 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a web designer and information architect I can only say... very very nice! Looks fantastic, very clear, and presents all the most important information right up front.

Wowza!
02-14-2009, 05:32 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Great!

I love the way the Photo Contest is highlighted and laid out. It rivals the collection on the PPG, although smaller, no less brilliant.

Good work!

Jason

Last edited by Jasvox; 02-14-2009 at 12:34 PM.