Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Homepage Launched!

New PentaxForums.com Homepage

I'm very happy to announce that our new site homepage has finally been completed, and is now launched, just in time for our 500,000-post milestone celebration!

The new homepage features Pentax colors, is much easier to use and much more inviting than the old homepage, and has the potential to house any content that can't currently be managed by the forum system.

I hope you like and enjoy the new look of the site! Comments are welcome!

PentaxForums.com Home

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Huh....What happend overnight? Did I drink too much?

Adam, it looks great!!! Very professional!
02-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

That's amazing!
02-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Major Shock!!

I am not sure that it is displaying correctly in Firefox 3 on XP Pro. I don't have time now (bedtime), but will try and post a screen capture up to let you see what I see.

Steve

02-14-2009, 12:46 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I've tested it successfully in 7 different browsers (IE 6, IE 7, FF 2, FF 3, Safari, Opera, Chrome) with no problems. However, if you're experiencing issues, please don't hesistate to post a screenshot so that I can fix any potential problems!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-14-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Looks great, very clean! Love the fact the lens database is on the main page, perfect for potential buyers. Good job guys!!
02-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like the new homepage, it looks GREAT in Firefox 3 on XP Pro! It's cleaner, more professional looking, and makes navigation a lot easier. Congratulations on a tremendous job!

02-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #8

Cleaner

It looks better and cleaner indeed. Congratulations.
02-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #9
Forum Member

Nice look- congrats
02-14-2009, 01:17 AM   #10

Wow Adam and Andy, you did a great job!
02-14-2009, 01:29 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Looks very decent, I use a shortcut directly to forum in my bookmarks, though
02-14-2009, 01:30 AM   #12
Veteran Member

While I certainly like the physical layout and structure of the new home page, must say the red look ("skin") is just dreadfully gaudy, Adam. Especially so in the forums where it so overwhelms the eyes, distracting from the content of the messages (the text in those messages suddenly seems a lot smaller and less important).

Thanks for providing an option to switch it back to the green layout, but wish the forum software would remember my preference so I don't have to reselect that each and every time I sign in. When you changed the forum layout the last time, you provided an option to select the "skin" in the preferences (which I used to select the "skin" I actually preferred), but I couldn't find that option this time amongst the many forum preferences.

Not exactly thrilled with having to select the green layout while just scanning new messages while not signed in either, but not much say in that given it's not my forum.

stewart
02-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #13
Veteran Member

It looks awesome, Adam. Love the colour scheme. (I've had it set on red ever since becoming a member)
02-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #14
Forum Member

it is very nice!!
02-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
New PentaxForums.com Homepage

I'm very happy to announce that our new site homepage has finally been completed, and is now launched, just in time for our 500,000-post milestone celebration!
Nicely done, Adam. This site is one of my few regular stops and this is a genuine improvement. Keep up the good work.