Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Eric, would you agree that the following revised rules are reasonable:
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the email. I will abide by this. If this were my job and pertaining to my business, I'd argue more. But this is a hobby site and this is supposed to be fun.

04-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Great

Since the orignal terms are gone now, I've moved this thread away from the Marketplace.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #18
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Great

Since the orignal terms are gone now, I've moved this thread away from the Marketplace.
Personally, I fell that it is unfortunate that this entire matter was brought about by a seller who asked if his price was too high (it was) and then became angry when he was told that it was and wanted to complain that he was being treated unfairly.

I think you just fixed something that wasn't broken.

My $ .02
04-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by EddyinGA Quote
Personally, I fell that it is unfortunate that this entire matter was brought about by a seller who asked if his price was too high (it was) and then became angry when he was told that it was and wanted to complain that he was being treated unfairly.

I think you just fixed something that wasn't broken.

My $ .02
Agreed Eddy.

04-02-2007, 06:03 AM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nate Quote
echoing most of my thoughts on this matter.
Explain to me why this guy feels the need to call me a p*ckerh*ad??? I put an ad for a like new Pentax K10D at what I still consider a reasonable price. I did not try to "rip" anyone off. When people start comparing prices on the actual forum, it does kill any chance of selling the item. I am new on this forum, but have bought & sold a ton of equipment on FM, photo.net, ebay, etc. Normally, when someone lists a price that is a bit high, a private pm or email is a better way to go, than talking about the pricing on the forum ad. This does not seem to be a very user friendly forum!!
04-02-2007, 07:14 AM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rrobinson54 Quote
Explain to me why this guy feels the need to call me a p*ckerh*ad??? I put an ad for a like new Pentax K10D at what I still consider a reasonable price. I did not try to "rip" anyone off. When people start comparing prices on the actual forum, it does kill any chance of selling the item. I am new on this forum, but have bought & sold a ton of equipment on FM, photo.net, ebay, etc. Normally, when someone lists a price that is a bit high, a private pm or email is a better way to go, than talking about the pricing on the forum ad.
I know you weren't trying to rip anyone off, but different people have dfferent opinions. Let's not argue in this thread, though, as I think we've all seen enough...

This does not seem to be a very user friendly forum!!
I did my best to help you & future sellers out with these new guidelines

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #22
Forum Member

Thanks! I appreciate your efforts.

Rick

04-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #23
Veteran Member

When people start comparing prices on the actual forum, it does kill any chance of selling the item.
Then why the h*ll did you post this question yourself!
Is my price too high?

You were the one asking people to comment on your pricing!!!

QuoteQuote:
This does not seem to be a very user friendly forum!!
Yeah, sure. You asked for a comment on your pricing. You got it. But not the answer your like. So what do you do? Throw up in arms, scream price policing, and call this place not user friendly?

That's just ridiculous.
04-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #24
Pentaxian

One must realise that prices for items vary from country to country, so one must be very careful about what one says about another one's prices. This is not a USA only forum.
04-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I didn't call you a p*ckerh*ad

Explain to me why this guy feels the need to call me a p*ckerh*ad??? I put an ad for a like new Pentax K10D at what I still consider a reasonable price. I did not try to "rip" anyone off. When people start comparing prices on the actual forum, it does kill any chance of selling the item. I am new on this forum, but have bought & sold a ton of equipment on FM, photo.net, ebay, etc. Normally, when someone lists a price that is a bit high, a private pm or email is a better way to go, than talking about the pricing on the forum ad. This does not seem to be a very user friendly forum!!
I can't speak for Eric. Your reactions and tone may have had something to do with it. I don't have a problem with publicly discussing the price - you do. Mo seems to agree with you. I think it's been rather friendly around here.

Nate
04-03-2007, 07:47 AM   #26
racinsince55

QuoteOriginally posted by nosnoop Quote
Then why the h*ll did you post this question yourself!
Is my price too high?

You were the one asking people to comment on your pricing!!!

Yeah, sure. You asked for a comment on your pricing. You got it. But not the answer your like. So what do you do? Throw up in arms, scream price policing, and call this place not user friendly?

That's just ridiculous.

What he said!