Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Lens photo section

I just started the first thread for this idea, and that's getting every Pentax lenses in a section each having it's own thread showing photos from the lens. I think it would be a great idea so that people can see actual photos from the lens so they can decide what they want to buy.

03-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I could add this as a section of the articles system, or I could incorporate it into the lens database. I believe the former would be easier to use - thoughts?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Or just a sub-board to the lens board.
03-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
Ole
Administrator

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I just started the first thread for this idea, and that's getting every Pentax lenses in a section each having it's own thread showing photos from the lens. I think it would be a great idea so that people can see actual photos from the lens so they can decide what they want to buy.
I'd suggest that you post a reply post (hit the 'Add Review' button) in the lens review database, with a link to your photos or with the photos attached.

The lens review database is where people go look for lens information so that's where we should have the photos as well!

03-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think it fits best in the lens database. That's where people go when they want to know other's opinions about lenses. Why not also make that the place to go to see actual photos produced with the lenses as well.

Or at least make an obivious link to the correct section of the articles system...that would be ok too.

If the pictures are on the lens database page then they should go beneath all of the reviews, so as to not detract from the main purpose of the database. Otherwise, a nice link before all of the reviews pointing to the corresponding section would be hard to miss and very useful for those seeking info and results from the lens.

-Jim
03-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

In that case it looks like the best way to approach this would be to post sample photos within your lens reviews. Please don't exceed 800px width if you do embed the photos, however. Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Isn't it a good idea to create a child board for the lens section with sample photos though? People can start threads for any lens that they have, and maybe others have the same one and want to post their own photos.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 03-17-2009 at 08:08 PM.
03-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #8
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Isn't it a good idea to create a child board for the lens section with sample photos though? People can start threads for any lens that they have, and maybe others have the same one and want to post their own photos.

That's already happening in the lens discussion, most of the threads are Brand or mount specific but there are a few for individual lenses as well, it will just be a case of filling in the gaps for lenses not represented.
03-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I guess I missed that.
03-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Remember also that at Pentax Photo Gallery, anyone can browse by lens type/model.
03-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, I just liked my little idea...