Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #1

method to search lens reviews by date?

I'd like to be able to check out the most recent reviews. Is there a way to do this? Advanced search in the lens reviews section doesn't seem to have the option.

04-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At the moment, there's no such functionality. Sorry!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hmm, well consider it a suggestion then =)
04-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I won't be able to add the feature, either- at least not in the near future. It would require a substantial amount of custom coding. But I do agree that it wouldn't hurt to have that feature!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
Forum Member

This seems fairly related so I won't start a new thread. I think the default sort for the lens review pages should be newest first. More recent information is better for a number of reasons -- more likely tested with the body you have, any recent quality issues can be addressed, it can be compared to competition that may not have been out a year or two ago, etc. I'm not sure what arguments you could make for the oldest reviews being the most prominent.
04-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by lunelson Quote
This seems fairly related so I won't start a new thread. I think the default sort for the lens review pages should be newest first. More recent information is better for a number of reasons -- more likely tested with the body you have, any recent quality issues can be addressed, it can be compared to competition that may not have been out a year or two ago, etc. I'm not sure what arguments you could make for the oldest reviews being the most prominent.
Now that's something that can be changed much more easily. However, keep in mind that there are plenty of lenses in the database that have been around for decades. I'll give your suggestion some thought, but I'm personally not a fan of reversing the order of the reviews.

Adam

04-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
Damn Brit

Rather than search for the latest review, I prefer to scan through and find reviews written by those who I am familiar with. Not to say that the other reviews are irrelevant but it is easier to trust the word of someone I know.