Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A New Forum Look!

Announcing The PentaxForums.com "Modern Skin"

The PentaxForums.com staff is pleased to announce the recent installation of its largest series of forum improvements to date. Our long-anticipated forum redesign has been completed, and two all-new forum styles are now publicly selectable on the site.

Because it was designed with sophistication yet easy of use and visual appeal in mind, the new skin loads very quickly and is compatible with all major browsers. Furthermore, you will be able to choose between a green and a red color scheme for the skin.

Although the previous default style has been replaced, it can still be chosen manually via the User CP options or Quick Style Selector found on every page of the forum.

In addition to incorporating a new theme, we’ve established a permanent logo for the site and upgraded various backend components, including the Lens Review Database and Search Engine Optimization software. Over the past months, we’ve also greatly improved the Forum Marketplace (previously known as the “Buy/Sell/Trade Forum”) by adding a feedback system and other links to improve usability.

We hope you enjoy the new forum look!

The forum redesign was made possible by your continued donations. Thanks for suporing the site!

Please don't forget to vote on the default site color scheme!

04-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice work!
04-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool breeze Mo, me likey! And the new logo is great! Very...er...spiffy looking!Thanks!

NaCl(now I feel like I gotta go shave and comb my hair before I sign on! )H2O
04-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #4

Really like the new design.. Much brighter and "readable"...

04-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #5
Forum Member

I'm looking for the "posts since last visit" link and I can't seem to find it anywhere -- on any of the skins. Am I imagining that I ever had it? It seems to me that it was the most useful hotspot on the forum. If I'm not crazy.

EDIT -- I found it. The new look is nice but the fonts are way too small. Sadly only the "simple" works for me.
04-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It's always been here, just under a different name

Click "New Posts" in the Search dropdown or use this link: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Very nice. Haha the Pentax Green Strip
04-15-2007, 07:35 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Whoah...wasn't expecting this bright a design :-)

Looks great!

04-15-2007, 07:35 PM   #9

New Look Forum

WOW, great work MO. Love the look and logo changes, good choices.

Thanks, Phil
04-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Very nice work Mo !! i was very surprised when i logged in !! Was thinking to myself, hmmm, did i click the wrong link? lol
04-15-2007, 07:50 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Great choice of green and red coloring! I'd like to see a version with a combination of green or red with a black background, similar to the black/red combination of the camera strap or black/green combination like a DA lens, perhaps even a black/green/gold option like the DA* lenses.

I do like the cleaner look of this new theme. Great job!
04-15-2007, 08:02 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jbarnhart Quote
The new look is nice but the fonts are way too small. Sadly only the "simple" works for me.

If you have Internet Explorer 7, there is another very easy solution. Click on Tools / Internet Options / Accessibility. In that dialog, select the option to "Ignore font sizes specified on webpages." Click "OK" to leave the two dialogs and then refresh the web page to see the results.

If you don't like the default font size, change it under the "View" menu using "Text Size" with smaller, larger, or whatever.

By the way, other Internet Explorer versions, and most other browsers, have similar options. Search around under the various menus.

stewart

Last edited by stewart_photo; 04-15-2007 at 08:22 PM.
04-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I like!!! Very classy. And +1 to the green-strip matching
04-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Mo, wow, this is great, good work man.
04-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #15
Veteran Member

It looks really good Mo, thanks for the effort that you've put in here.

QuoteOriginally posted by jbarnhart Quote
I'm looking for the "posts since last visit" link and I can't seem to find it anywhere -- on any of the skins. Am I imagining that I ever had it? It seems to me that it was the most useful hotspot on the forum. If I'm not crazy.

EDIT -- I found it. The new look is nice but the fonts are way too small. Sadly only the "simple" works for me.
And if your running Firefox you can click on View, and you'll see Text Size. Just click on increase.