Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How about "Fighting Forum"?

Adam/moderators,

From time to time we see here some members just fighting over their different opinions or their personal issues/believes that has nothing to do with the thread topic.
This is really bothering for some of us at least me, to see people fighting there

Do you think that moderator can put aside these "Online Fighters" and provide them some sort of way to channel their anger without messing up with a thread topic?

I don't expect it to be like DPR who just ban their members without others knowing the problems.

Sorry for this suggestion. It's just that some members seem don't know when to hold back and keep fighting and insulting each other. 1 or 2 arguments are ok. It's normal. But when it becomes personal, it's start to become annoying to others.
I just want to enjoy this forum. Enough fighting in real world already.

Thank you.

05-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I like that this is the
QuoteQuote:
Friendly Pentax Discussion Community
and people could stand to be reminded of that, from time to time
05-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No thanks. We don't need a forum filled with trash here on the site.

While we're trying to resolve this online "fighting" to the best of our abilities, some people apparently just can't act maturely, and there's nothing that can be done to fix that. We're therefore trying not to stick our noses into matters that will die away on their own, but on the other hand, we also attempt to break up or prevent any malicious activity that could proves troublesome or insulting on a case-by-case basis.

If you wan't to say away from unwanted arguing, I suggest that you avoid the Rumors forum, as it is far the section that generates the most controversy.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Enough fighting in real world already.

Thank you.
I vehemently disagree.

05-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #5

wonderful idea
05-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Damn Brit

You can have a fighting forum. First time you post in it gets you a ten day ban. Second post gets a permanent ban.
It'll be called the 'Fighting Lemmings Forum'.