Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Changed. Thanks for the suggestion! I will post more information about this in the news forum.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Haha, this wasn't what I meant (though I guess this is an improvement also), let me try and explain again.

Right now threads go to the top of page 1 whenever a new post is added, and threads 'sink' (what I mean is they go to the bottom of page 1, then to page 2, etc.) as activity is absent. The result is that some threads recieve no replies at all because they slipped to page 2 (and hardly anyone ever looks there) before anyone noticed it or bothered to comment, thus leaving the original poster without any feedback - a bad thing.

My suggestion was that threads can only go to page 2 until at least, say, 4 comments have been posted. This means every thread gets at least some feedback before they disappear out of sight.
After the fourth comment threads would 'sink' as they normally would.

I hope this clarifies my idea.
05-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
But the Gallery is where photos go to die.... No one comments on the photos in the Gallery... At least not on the ones I posted
I think it's a place where comments go to die also which accounts for why no one posts them there.
05-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Upload your photos to the gallery, and then share them in 'Post your Photos'

I don't know if I can really do that, Kevin. It seems to me that just about every thread gets replies - if one of yours even doesn't, just give it a bump! There's an option in the user cp which allows you to increase the number of threads per page to 75- I recommend you do so if you don't want to miss any threads.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-13-2009, 01:03 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
Haha, this wasn't what I meant (though I guess this is an improvement also), let me try and explain again.

Right now threads go to the top of page 1 whenever a new post is added, and threads 'sink' (what I mean is they go to the bottom of page 1, then to page 2, etc.) as activity is absent. The result is that some threads recieve no replies at all because they slipped to page 2 (and hardly anyone ever looks there) before anyone noticed it or bothered to comment, thus leaving the original poster without any feedback - a bad thing.

My suggestion was that threads can only go to page 2 until at least, say, 4 comments have been posted. This means every thread gets at least some feedback before they disappear out of sight.
After the fourth comment threads would 'sink' as they normally would.

I hope this clarifies my idea.
Pentaxforums in some ways is also a social medium where your anticipation in the forum plays a role to your picture feedback (No ways that people are going to risky unnecessary forum dispute for providing ingratiating or true feedback being misinterpreted as hostility).

Subdivision of post your photo section tends to end up divergent traffic, decreasing the exposure even further.