Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think it's a generaly good idea, but I do have a concern. I recently purchased ~30 small items from a Ritz store that was closing. My intention was to sell them in the marketplace. Obviously I would be doing so for profit. Does that make me a reseller, requiring me to pay $100, or can I still pay the $10 and sell these items? The whole system seems a bit confusing.

On a seperate note:
If you view the main forum page without being logged in there is the section that lists the benefits of registering. Some of the language in the section might need updating due to the new policy.

05-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #77
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yes, you would need reseller privileges to do that. I'll have a look at the homepage message- thanks.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
- And this is where your system fails. I would easily pay $10 for the privledge to possibly sell ~$500 worth of stuff. I might even go as high as $25. But to spend $100 on a one time gamble that -maybe- I'll sell it all is a bit too much.

Most of the people that you would classify as resellers are forum members that fell into a good deal and are trying to make a few $ on the side. Furthermore if you should ever get any significant quantity of legitimate resellers it will destroy the marketplace. For example:

FS: new k-7 - $999 shipped!
FS: some older stuff

When the marketplace looks like what's above who is going to want to use it?
05-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #79
Veteran Member

The word "fail" is too strong to use. The word "concern" would be more appreciated.

The listing as an on-line store format could be potentially a trouble in the marketplace. This would be an area where moderation direction is guided by Adam on the case to case basis.

05-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #80
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
When the marketplace looks like what's above who is going to want to use it?
But I know for a fact that it will never look like that.

I'm closing this thread as there isn't much more to discuss. Changes have been made, and mostly everyone finds them fair. If problems arise in the long run, they will be fixed so that the Marketplace remains as useful to the community as it currently is.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Closed Thread