Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Video Forum

Assuming the rumors pan out, we're going to need a space to share our videos with one another and discuss all things video. I'm imagining a Video discussion forum with a "Post Your Videos" type subforum...

Of course depending on the release date, we may not need this for months .

05-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This may or may not be a thing of the near future- we will have to wait and see.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I was thinking today that it'll be very exciting to see the first videos from K-7 users, so yes I'd like to see videos also here, not just on Youtube or Vimeo.
05-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The attachment system currently supports video, so we definitely won't have a problem with that. However, the size of video files might be of some concern.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #5
Damn Brit

There's always Youtube or Flickr and links.
05-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
There's always Youtube or Flickr and links.
And I can add bbcode to embed youtube files inline if needed.

Adam

05-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Yeah - decent quality videos are huge!

06-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

My German Pentax forum (DFN) has already opened a new sub-forum, entitled "Digital Video". So, it may be time to act...

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The attachment system currently supports video, so we definitely won't have a problem with that. However, the size of video files might be of some concern.
Size is a major concern. Attached still images already suffer from a somewhat poor quality and attaching video files won't be an option.

And I can add bbcode to embed youtube files inline if needed.
YouTube sucks, qualitywise. Pentax is all about image quality, so we need to share and discuss about high quality video. Vimeo seems to be a good alternative as they do support HD video (720p) which YouTube doesn't (their 480p is SD, not HD!). Also, Ned Bunnell and other Pentaxians seem to prefer Vimeo.

So, it would be neat to actually embedd Vimeo. A sample embedding would look like this:
HTML Code:
<object width="800" height="600"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4970948&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4970948&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="800" height="600"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/4970948">Pentax K20D Fireengine Walk</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1835129">falconeye</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
06-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That's definitely doable. Once the K7 is out, I'll revisit the thread and ass bbcode for video.
06-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
and
Veteran Member

Video forum could be in idea yes. There is a lot of new issues and new things to learn regarding video and it will be very interesting to see what people can create with it.
06-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
Veteran Member

That's definitely doable. Once the K7 is out, I'll revisit the thread and ass bbcode for video.
Ehhmm ...
from a formal point of view, you don't need to await FCS for K-7. Because other Pentax cameras with video mode already do exist (P&S). And because discussion has already started, in News&Rumor as well as DSLR. Even JCPentax opened a video thread which would make for an ideal "first thread" in the new sub-forum

On the other hand, there is no need to urge things ...

Last edited by falconeye; 06-02-2009 at 09:04 PM.
06-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #12
and
Veteran Member

As time passes I think of this as a better and better idea, I see video questions, sample clips etc being posted around. There are so many new things to discuss around video, sound, editing software (pentax wont be supplying any so ppl need to find some), discussing sample videos, how to share videos on the web, preparing videos for sharing etc.
07-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
portishead

Just registered and wanted to add that I would like to see a video forum. Just got a Pentax K7.
07-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #14
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by portishead Quote
Just registered and wanted to add that I would like to see a video forum. Just got a Pentax K7.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the K-7.
If I say "Dummy" will you get the reference or be offended?
07-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #15
portishead

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the K-7.
If I say "Dummy" will you get the reference or be offended?
Hah, I get the reference. Glad someone else does.
Closed Thread