Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

K7 Forum.....

How about a forum that deals with the K7 only. The idea would be for members that have the camera, to post info, comments, etc as they use it, and answer questions from other members. No speculation or techno babble; just info from real users.

I have a K10D and did not upgrade to the K20D because I didn't think that the incremental gain for my type of usage was worth it. I am now interested in the K7 but would like to get some input from knowledgeable users before moving on it. User comparisons to the K10 and K20 would be very useful, especially (in my case) from those that print their images.

When the next top end camera comes out, a forum could then be added to cover it.

05-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll give this some thought, although creating forums by camera model would be deviating from the current hierarchy.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Things are already getting a tad spread out, but given the shear quantity of threads covering the K7 *maybe* a forum dedicated to "The Latest Models" could help centralize things . Then again, maybe not - it could just make the chatter even "worse".

In some respects I think the "rumors" section causes more heartache than it helps so who knows. I'm just glad that wrangling this site is your job, Adam.
05-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I think it as a good idea to create sub forums for each camera model in Pentax DSLR forum.

Currently all K-7 discussion is happening in News and Rumours forum, it is definitely not the right forum for that. K-7 isn't rumour anymore

05-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
I think it as a good idea to create sub forums for each camera model in Pentax DSLR forum.

Currently all K-7 discussion is happening in News and Rumours forum, it is definitely not the right forum for that. K-7 isn't rumour anymore
No it isn't a rumor anymore but the forum is NEWS and Rumors, and it is definitely still news. And until we see any real test and images many of the cameras feature set and Image output are still subject to rumor and conjecture.
05-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
Damn Brit

I can't wait for the K9, it'll bark and fetch a ball.
05-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I don't really see a need for this camera to have it's own forum really. I think it clutters the board, and the Pentax DSLR section has never had a problem accepting the new DSLRs.

I can't wait for the K-9 either!

05-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I don't really see a need for this camera to have it's own forum really. I think it clutters the board, and the Pentax DSLR section has never had a problem accepting the new DSLRs.

I can't wait for the K-9 either!
Here's a sneak preview;
WOOF! WOOF!
05-21-2009, 01:07 AM   #9
axl
Veteran Member

If I may:

I'm not a big fan of separate K7 forum either. Forums here are getting more and more partitioned and it's getting harder and harder to find thread/info one wants.
Now if we'd have separete forums for each model fo Pentax DSLR that would be quite nasty. And to create new forum sectioned just because there is a big hype around K7 at the moment... so what, there was a hype around K20 and we managed without separate sub forum.

BR
Peter
05-21-2009, 01:18 AM   #10
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I dont think seperate forums per camera model are a good idea either. thats more relevant for canikon where the difference in users who use d40/d50 and d3/d3x means it would make sense
05-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Yup! I don't think a separate forum for the K7 would be needed 'coz it would also create a divide among some members and some newbies who might have questions or problems about their "old" models and might not also get the attention they need/deserve/want.
05-23-2009, 03:58 AM   #12
Inactive Account

I agree with the ideea.
K7 must have its own forum area!!
05-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #13
Inactive Account

I conferred with Humpty Dumpty about this particular conundrum and apparently after what happened to him last time he fell off the wall, he told me he'll definitely be sitting firmly on the fence about a dedicated forum this time around, when the K7 eventually arrives…….

Best regards
The King !
05-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks for all the input!

I'll see what I can do

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #15
Pentaxian

In case your counting votes, I'm agin it. As there is so much cross-pollination between the models, what applies to one often applies to others. It would also create mroe work for mods.