Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #1

Marketplace Posting Error

Hi, I am trying to post some items for sale in the marketplace, but I am not able to post. If I select either of the options to post a "for sale" entry it is not permitted. I have successfully posted items for sale in this area before, have followed all guidelines and instructions including marking items [sold], posting feedback etc.

System Error Message is:

Dear davebest, you do not have permission to access this page or feature. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are trying to post a new item for sale in the Marketplace, and you do not meet the conditions to do so. You must either be a Pentaxian or Site Supporter to use the Marketplace.
2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you just registered, your account may still be awaiting e-mail conformation; you may not post until you click the activation link e-mailed to you following registration.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Dave

Last edited by davebest; 05-29-2009 at 04:03 PM. Reason: further info
05-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Marketplace Rules

Dave: The Marketplace rules changed about three weeks ago. The Sticky Thread at the top now shows the new requirements to sell here:

Welcome to the PentaxForums.com Marketplace. In this unique forum, you can buy and sell new and used Pentax gear! You're free to list your equipment for sale anytime, at no cost, but your account must meet one of the following conditions in order to do so:

-Donated any amount ($10 - $250) to PentaxForums.com in the past year
-Made 1,000 or more total forum posts
-Made 200 or more total forum posts, and been a member of the site for over 2 years

Marektplace Rules

The bold stuff is new.

To remedy your situation, become a Site Supporter, make 988 more posts or make 188 more posts after two years.
05-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #3

Original Poster
thanks for the update - sorry - i had not seen that note.

i guess the site supporter option is going to be the easiest!

and well worth it.....
05-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by davebest Quote
thanks for the update - sorry - i had not seen that note.

i guess the site supporter option is going to be the easiest!

and well worth it.....
Yeah - I forgot the sorry!