Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2009, 06:48 AM   #1

What to do if someone ruins your post or is rude?

Hello,
What can you do if someone posts to your thread to ruin the conversation or a sale in the Marketplace?

I have someone that is purposely trying to ruin a sale for me, with pointless and somewhat rude comments and won't delete their posts. When I ask them to remove their posts, they simply make more rude posts.

What can be done?

It says in the "Rules" - "Public commenting on or comparison of asking prices is not allowed." This is one of the rules they are breaking, along with being rude and annoying.

Their user name is "Alfisti".

Thanks!

06-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #2

Original Poster
Moderator handled it ASAP and gave excellent advice. Thanks so much! This is a terrific place for Pentax users! Much appreciated!
06-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad to hear it

Just report the malicious post (as you or someone else did) and we'll take care of it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #4

Original Poster
That looks like an FA 85mm 1.4 on your K20D. Sweet!

06-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It's the 28-70 on the K10- but same thing, I have the above combo as well

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This applies to any post, whether in the Markplace or elsewhere on the forums:

See the little flag next to the green tick or red cross at the bottom left of the actual post? That's the report post button and you can use that to alert the moderators.

Hope that helps in the future, though on this forum, I don't think it is an often used feature, and I hope it stays that way.
06-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
This applies to any post, whether in the Markplace or elsewhere on the forums:

See the little flag next to the green tick or red cross at the bottom left of the actual post? That's the report post button and you can use that to alert the moderators.

Hope that helps in the future, though on this forum, I don't think it is an often used feature, and I hope it stays that way.
You wouldn't think so, but we've gotten some 10 reports today already.

Adam

06-04-2009, 04:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You wouldn't think so, but we've gotten some 10 reports today already.
Well geez I'm sorry!