Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #16
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wanted to put item for sale but when I click on icon sell item system message comes up saying I have insufficient rights?!? How can I post new thread?!?

10-05-2008, 01:37 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi to everyone.

I've a complain: most of my PM sent messages always come second (or more) to PMs sent on items without reporting this to forum. I believe that sellers ought to force buyers and REPORT them at the SOLD sub-forum. If someone investigates my posts will come to the false conclusion that I've bought everything which I've post a "PM sent..." message.

Sellers, please, clarify the procedure. I'll keep on the right way. Thank you.
11-09-2008, 06:09 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
What about Amazon?

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
[*]You may only place links to your own eBay auctions after the auctioned item has been listed in the Marketplace for at least one week
Does this rule apply to Amazon.com storefronts? I have a seller account which I'd like to use because I have feedback and I think it's more secure for all parties involved.
11-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #19
Veteran Member

A simple question not addressed in the rules. Are prices listed in USD unless otherwise specified?

11-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WheresWaldo Quote
A simple question not addressed in the rules. Are prices listed in USD unless otherwise specified?
Common sense would dictate specifying currency at all times. This forum is crawling with international members.
01-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #21
Inactive Account

how can you delete a listing?
01-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by opiedog Quote
how can you delete a listing?
Mark the item as sold and it will be removed from this section.

02-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Love the forum, and the marketplace is a great tool.

The sales template for the marketplace has improved sales info a lot. Bravo. But I just noticed that the list of "ship to" options is very short and limiting. Non-Americans and specifically Canadians are missing basic destination options (other countries too, but by forum membership Canadians are probably the largest group with poor choices).

Canadian member JFMichaud, for instance, just listed his lenses as selling to "Continental U.S. Only" because he couldn't find a more suitable option in the drop-down menu.

Perhaps it should be a text box, with suggestions in the form for likely choices, but not restricted to those choices. That would also add the flex for other non-Americans to tailor their sales according to where they're from.
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

After making your post, you can always edit it and manually add a destination of your choosing!

If you'd like me to add additional options to the default dropdown, PM me a list and I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

An additional requirement has now been added, in order to make things easier for buyers:

"Item location must either be indicated through the seller's profile, or through the item listing"

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Clarification of posting guidelines

May I suggest that the following is included with the marketplace rules?

QuoteQuote:
Questions about the item can be posted within the thread itself. The resulting clarification will be beneficial to other potential buyers.

Sending offers, completing purchases, or discussing pricing must be done through PMs.
Recently, there has been a debate as to whether or not a question regarding an item's condition should be asked privately or publicly.

Some argued that such questions could be detrimental to the sell.

My position is that the clarification of such questions is a service to both seller and all potential buyers. If there is no issue with the item, the seller can clarify and everyone wins. If there is an issue with the item, the seller should be grateful for having it pointed out early rather than causing disappointment later. All potential buyers would benefit, not just the one asking.

I sincerely hope there won't be a solution that only allows the OP to post to a SELL thread. The use of the marketplace is free and that's fantastic for sellers. I don't think there is any significant history of problematic discussions in the marketplace and I believe disallowing any discussions would diminish the value of the marketplace for everyone involved.

Companies like trademe which depend on sellers offering items in order to make a profit need to protect sellers and do everything they can to achieve high selling prices. In contrast, this forum is a community's communication vehicle and it should do everything that a sell is a win:win situation for both seller and buyer. AFAIC, that includes allowing questions about the item.
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Its all about the tone in which the question is asked.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-09-2009 at 05:07 PM.
03-13-2009, 03:41 PM   #28

I kinda feel like it should be illegal to sell anything without a picture of the item.
I mean seriously, people.

This is a photography website.
What possible excuse could there be?
03-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How Does Payment Usually Work?

I'm new...how do sellers normally expect payment? PayPal? Personal Check?

Is it the honor system essentially? I trust the seller will ship when s/he has payment?
03-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Most transactions are done through Paypal, at least through my own observation.
And it is based on the honor system. however there is a user feedback portion on the marketplace that helps keep things in check.
I personally have never heard of any real problems for fraudulant behaviour here.
Cheers.
Closed Thread