Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2006, 05:24 AM   #1
Veteran Member

(Split) Marketplace Discussion Thread

...or trade.

I would suggest you add a disclaimer that the owners, administrators or moderators are NOT responsible for any (use your own words) resulting from the use of this section - sure you can find a general disclaimer not unlike huge online auction sites.

Thanks for creating this section.

09-13-2006, 05:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I agree with JC and thanks as well. I think we will get some good use out of this section.
09-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Disclaimer added

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Sold Items

Here is a question I have not seen an answer to.

How do you move an item to the Sold section, or who must do this?

You can't change your main title line to SOLD, so unless someone reads the messages, (and I do edit the main message and put one at the end of the list if I do sell an item) so all that look at the thread will see it has been sold.

I have a few items that have been sold and still floating around looking like they might be for sale.

Thanks, Jeff

03-31-2007, 12:35 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Hi Jeff,

The answer is actually in the first post. Simply PM me and I'll move the thread. I know that it's a bit of a hassle in the long run, but I'm still working on an automated system that would allow sellers to move their marketplace threads.

Edit: There is now an automated thread closure system (as mentioned above) accessible via the "Thread Tools" dropdown. Details can be found in the first post of this thread, as well as in the news forum.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-24-2007, 07:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Please remove my ad for the ND filters etc. I have sold them. Thanks for all your good work on this forum.
11-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

These rules were updated as of November, 2007 with the following changes:

-Requiring an asking price or price range
-Only permitting eBay links after an item has been in the Marketplace for at least week
-Permitting only definitive "for sale" or "for trade" threads; no "feelers" or "would anyone be interesed" threads

Please also remember to always use the automatic thread-closure system to close your threads as soon as your items are sold.

Adam

11-30-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I think you should have a picture of the product that you are trying to sell. There shouldn't be any excuse like saying that you don't have a camera. I think this is very important if someone is trying to see a $1,000 lens or so.

01-26-2008, 03:24 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
snip...Always make sure that each seller is trustworthy before making a purchase. If a transaction goes smoothly, please leave feedback through our feedback system. Also, be weary of scammers- the moderators and I will do our best to sniff them out, but always double-check yourself...snip
Thanks, Adam. I already so weary of scammers that I've become wary of them.
01-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
cmv

It would be great if everyone made their location precise enough to know what continent they are on too.
01-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
Inactive Account

marketplace discussion and closing sold threads

QuoteQuote:
Within each marketplace thread, users may ask questions about the item offered for sale, notify the seller of a PM or status change, or discuss technical details as well as shipping.
I'd like to suggest that the "sold" thread not be closed until the buyer is satisfied. The PM details of a shipment are fine, but some sellers need a little urging to ship. If the thread was still open the seller's motivation to satisfy the buyer might be higher. Given the nature of the feedback system, a buyer who is unhappy with a transaction has to either shut up or risk retaliatory feedback. Once we pay a seller, it's all in their hands unless we have some way of making sure the seller will do the shipping in a timely way. Sellers don't ship and then ask us to pay. We pay, they ship. As it is, we also wait for a seller to do the right thing (and, in most cases they do). I just want some insurance. This place has to be better than that big auction site by the bay
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #12
Ash
Community Manager

I realise that to whom items on the marketplace are sold to are at the discretion of the seller, but it would be most appreciated if all sellers allow overseas sales unless for a genuine reason precluding the seller from posting their gear abroad.

Thanks.
07-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by imajypsee Quote
I'd like to suggest that the "sold" thread not be closed until the buyer is satisfied. The PM details of a shipment are fine, but some sellers need a little urging to ship. If the thread was still open the seller's motivation to satisfy the buyer might be higher. Given the nature of the feedback system, a buyer who is unhappy with a transaction has to either shut up or risk retaliatory feedback. Once we pay a seller, it's all in their hands unless we have some way of making sure the seller will do the shipping in a timely way. Sellers don't ship and then ask us to pay. We pay, they ship. As it is, we also wait for a seller to do the right thing (and, in most cases they do). I just want some insurance. This place has to be better than that big auction site by the bay
I'm always here to help in case something does go wrong with a seller. Simply drop me a PM and I'll get to any issue that may have come up right away!

Adam

07-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm now happy to announce that a custom item listing form is now under development for the Marketplace. This form will be complete with fields such as price, condition, and shipping preference, and should make Marketplace threads much more uniform.

The last thing I need to have the form do before commencing a brief beta run is acknowledge thread prefixes. I'll post any updates in this thread and in the news forum as work progresses

Adam

08-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This thread has also now been updated to reflect the most current marketplace regulations and information.

Adam

Closed Thread