Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ignore Thread option?

You can subscribe to a thread but what about an option to ignore a thread? Since thread updates are based on the database now would it be possible for a user to flag a thread as ignored so it doesn't show up in the new post listing? Just a little suggestion as my current method is to just remember which threads I have no interest in and bypass them.

06-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think this has been suggested before. It's something that I can add, but I'll postpone it for later due to the time-consuming nature of installation.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Years ago my Usenet newsgroup newsreader had an option to filter user-selectable keywords.
For example if I entered "Leica", threads with the word Leica in the subject line would not appear.
This was very convenient, and allowed me to trim down my Ignore User list significantly.

Chris
06-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've decided that for security reasons, I'd rather not include this feature at the moment. This may change later on.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Forgive my ignorance, but how would that compromise security?

Chris
06-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

With the system I'd be installing, there would be no permissions controls for which usergroups have access to the system, what threads cannot be ignored, and, worst of all, no way to reset the system on an invidividual basis if someone screws up and ignores the entire forum on accident. If these options become available, the I'll reconsider the system. But as things are looking right now, installation and management of this system just wouldn't be worth the time. I won't be adding it for now. Plus, there's something called scrolling- it can be used to skip over the threads you are not interested in.

Adam