Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2009, 04:14 AM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've messed around with flashchat in the past and didn't think much of it. If we don't go with IRC, something more like MGC Chatbox Evo - vBulletin.org Forum would be feasible.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-04-2009, 04:24 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I never was able to get much out of it, I was hoping you would be able to more than I did.
07-04-2009, 05:06 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Once I get home from vacation we'll pick this up. Either I'll make a page with an applet (as you said) that connects to the channel you're offering, or I can start up a new server here. After all, we don't have an 8-core Xeon server for nothing
I'll set up the IRC channel. If you guys want to take it over with your own power structure I'll hand it over when you're ready.

Mainly because (from experience) initial configuration of an IRCd (a decent one) is a pain in the arse.
irc.crystalirc.net #pentaxforums
is the channel that's configured, if anyone drops by i'm MidnightCommando on there, I'll be keeping the channel warm.
07-04-2009, 06:51 AM   #19

Photos: Albums
Though I'm relatively new to this forum....Yes - its indeed a good idea to have a chat session - Esp for Guys like me in India, the pentaxian population is very meagre. I would love to get connected with some people in India....

07-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Go for it, for now. While I'd like to get the chat moved over here eventually, feel free to use this channel temporarily. As I'm on vacation at the moment, we'll postpone the installation of a local system for now.
07-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #21

Another vote for IRC. I love the existing photography channels I'm on (great for getting quick feedback on shots or quick questions answered), but I'm essentially the only Pentax shooter there!
07-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #22
Veteran Member

another vote here

07-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #23
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by MidnightCommando Quote
OT:
6mm fisheye-nikkor on a full-frame nikon body, it's got a field of view of 220° and it's damned expensive. as in, better off buying a mansion.
I've got my eye on the Sigma 4.5mm but that's just a mere 180 degrees. But that should mean I can see behind me... as long as I'm laying down.
07-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've now added a small chatbox to the Social Groups page- have a look and feel free to play around with it: PentaxForums.com - Social Groups

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm all for a shoutbox. I'll go take a look-see.