Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Marking threads resolved

Is there a way to do this?

On my other forum, a computer tech help site, members and moderators have this option in Thread Tools.

07-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Only in the Marketplace- for sold/closed threads.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Okay, thanks Adam. I guess I'll just have to live with that decision.
07-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yup.

I've considered using prefixes for this in other sections, but we're not exactly a tech support forum, so they wouldn't apply to very many threads. The only section that fits into the Q&A/help category is the beginner's corner, and even that isn't exactly it.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
That's true, this is not a tech help site. However, you do have many members asking questions in most of your forums, not just the question and answer one for beginners. I, myself, have asked question in the Pentax Lens, Pentax film SLR, Post Processing, Printing, Software, and Darkroom. I have seen questions in these forums as well:
Pentax DSLR Discussion
Pentax Medium Format: 645, 6x7, 645D
Pentax Compact Camera Discussion

But it is your decision Adam. I was just asking for myself. Because I found the answer to one of my questions here but there being no "resolved" choice and I wondered why not. It gives new comers, if they search, a way to find out if their question perhaps had been asked, and had been resolved. Though we know how newbies search.

Thanks for listening to me.
07-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

But if they searched for a certain thread, and found that it had replies, it would essentially mean the same thing. Hence the redundancy.

Adam

07-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Like I said, it's your decision. And I thank you for listening to my request and answering my question.

07-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
Site Supporter

some old threads can still be relevant. That is why I find it annoying when someone sees that someone has posted in a thread that has been inactive for a month and makes some sort of necro comment.
07-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Off the topic, but yes- people should use their heads for that kind of stuff. Reviving, say, a photographic thread is fine. But if you were to bump an expired rumor thread, then I can see reason for annoyance.