Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't understand. Like everybody else, I couldn't read anything/anywhere until I'd filled in my country, but even now I still don't see any flags in people's avatars. Might it have to do anything to do with my settings?

07-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #17

I am so glad to see that some of us think of ourselves as citizens of the world. Art has always transcended all boundaries. I hope Artists do the same as well.
07-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #18
Damn Brit

Adam, perhaps you could include an image of planet Earth as an option, that should settle things for people who don't want a flag.
I can't imagine there is anyone on the forum from Mars so that should be the end of it.
07-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #19
emr

What could actually be useful is if one could do a custom search for members from a certain country. Like looking up Brits (Damned and otherwise) for advice of a UK store.

07-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Country

A country flag is not a good idea IMO. It should not matter where you come from. It's a recipe for malicious remarks.

(Further thoughts removed.)
07-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
What could actually be useful is if one could do a custom search for members from a certain country. Like looking up Brits (Damned and otherwise) for advice of a UK store.
If you took the time to read the announcement, you'd know that this is already possible! Using the memberlist search will allow you to select country from the dropdown.

-----

I'll shortly be adding an EU flag, as well as an 'Earth' flag as Gary suggested. The country field will however remain required.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Ok. For those of you who are citizens of the world, here you go:

An EU flag has also been added. Enjoy!

Any more complaints?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lidy Quote
I don't understand. Like everybody else, I couldn't read anything/anywhere until I'd filled in my country, but even now I still don't see any flags in people's avatars. Might it have to do anything to do with my settings?

Okay, you can stop worrying - I've found it. Misread the first post. Changed my status to world citizen - unfortunately the world flag doesn't show (nor does the US one).
07-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Don't worry Adam, you can only please some of the people some of the time.
07-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
What do you mean the flags aren't showing? Of course they are!

Adam

07-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Don't think so. If I go to quick links and My Profile, it shows this-
New Zealand
New Zealand Flag

That is actually what it shows, the text "New Zealand Flag".
07-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Works for me in both IE and FF. It might have something to do with the whitespace in the image filenames, instead of the %20, though.

Are single-word country flags working for you?

Adam

07-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No they're definitely not showing. I think it's a nice option though, especially now that you've added the world - so that people have a choice.

Anyway, had a quick look: there's an Australian flag, but the ones for the world and (the?) US are definitely not showing here - in IE7 that is. I'll try FF as well.

BTW: where in Europe are you at the moment?
07-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It seems to be fine in FF - United States, the World, Mexico, Canada, whatever - all showing. Not so in IE 7 though.
07-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #30
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm in DK at the moment. That's strange, since I use IE7 as my main browser and I tested everything using it.

Adam