Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just changed to Simple skin in FF as that's what I'm using in IE and then I lose the flags in FF as well. Maybe it's got sth to do with the different skins?

07-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #32
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Likely so. Test everything using the green skin and let me know.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, sir! No problem using the green skin, sir! Seems to be working fine there. I'd leave it for now if I were you and just enjoy beautiful Denmark! Are you going anywhere else in Europe before going back home? Enjoy anyway!
07-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #34
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I am, but mostly just to visit family (as I typically do each summer).

I've patched up the simple skin and that should be working as well.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Checked US and the World in Simple skin - both okay now. Thanks and have a great time!
07-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #36
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Great! And thanks

Adam

07-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #37
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Don't think so. If I go to quick links and My Profile, it shows this-
New Zealand
New Zealand Flag

That is actually what it shows, the text "New Zealand Flag".
Look yourself up via the Quicklinks Member List, see if you can see the flag there. I just looked and I can see the NZ flag next to your name.

07-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My pleasure!
07-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #39

Photos: Albums
Nice feature! I'm the only one from Argentina... so far...
07-27-2009, 07:05 PM   #40
Igilligan

Thanks for giving us the World Adam

I will be flying the flag the Earthlings...

Thanks

gus 'cant we all get along' helios
07-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I will be flying the flag the Earthlings...
The citizens of Betelgeuse V feel discriminated by this choice. Their president Zaphod Beeblebrox is about to file a complaint about the patriotic and imperialistic nature of some of the members of this forum!
07-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #42
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you took the time to read the announcement, you'd know that this is already possible! Using the memberlist search will allow you to select country from the dropdown.
Ouch! I actually already edited the profile before the official announcement and didn't possibly read every word after that.
07-27-2009, 10:01 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I am not sure in this day and age, that it is a great idea to nationalize ourselves any more than we are forced to already...

I can't see what purpose it serves... except maybe to let me know who my enemy of the week is. And with my country that is an ever changing

Please Adam, consider giving us an opt out, or better yet an opt in.

As a citizen of the world... "I am he, as you are she, as you are we, and we are all together"

A rose is a rose in Iran, China or Guatemala
Exactly - I'm glad Gus could articulate what I was thinking... I'm too tired to do it myself right now...

Edit: Cool, I see the "world" option added ...

Last edited by heliphoto; 07-28-2009 at 08:22 AM.
07-28-2009, 06:25 AM   #44

Watching this post amazes me that something that should have been fun has been turned into some sort of Politically Correct insanity.

Just goes to show you that "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"

Thanks Adam, I for one enjoy the feature!

Tom
07-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #45

Adam, no complaints on the new flag "feature", but I might add that its implementation is not exactly "idiot proof".
I logged on today for the first time since Friday, blew right by the "global announcements" went straight to the forums, one click later and I was re-directed to the "you must enter the new field to your profile page" which then directed me to my profile. The default country appears to be United States, so as I look at my profile, nothing is missing. I went back and forth a few times doing this (never did read the global announcements) before simply "saving changes" (although I made none) , at which point I regained access to the forums. The problem was created by my haste in trying to get in some quick reading over lunch, but may I suggest changing the default country to "add/choose country here".