Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What are your two favorite colors?
Green 2158.33%
Blue 2363.89%
Red 822.22%
Yellow 411.11%
Orange 719.44%
Purple 822.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A new type of poll!

Hi guys,

After several requests, I've finally managed to add a new poll type to the site: a multiple-choice poll with a limited number of selectable options. For example, you would only be allowed to select 3 out of the 8 poll options. Previously, we could only have single-choice polls or unconstrained multiple-choice polls, so I hope that the new type will make future voting (especially for the photo contests) easier!

I've added a sample poll to this thread so that you can check the system out!

Enjoy

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Many thanks Mo for a thankless job .... (as a dba I can attest to my best work is done when nobody notices me )
05-12-2007, 03:13 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Good deal Adam, You do a fantastic job. It has always been worth the money donated to see the site grow the way it has.
05-12-2007, 04:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Hi guys,

... so I hope that the new type will make future voting (especially for the photo contests) easier!
This would mean when we vote during the monthly challege, all three images choosen by a voter would get the same vote with no abilility to choose 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. Am I correct? Not a totally hateful concept but if I had a strong preference I would probably only give 1 vote to provided that image a bigger boost.

Tim

Last edited by atupdate; 05-12-2007 at 04:27 AM. Reason: I spell like an engineer
05-12-2007, 05:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Great idea, there were so many good bird pictures that it was really hard to choose. I think this will be an improvement. Thanks Mo
05-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #6

What? No black?
05-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Green, because it's purdy.

Orange, because it's the the color from my alma mater and only communists like red.

05-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Hi Mo. This current colour set up is fantastic. Really pleasant to the eyes.

p.s. the order of these options are quite biased though ... Obviously your favorite colours or perceived better colour choices were placed at the earlier options ...
05-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
p.s. the order of these options are quite biased though ... Obviously your favorite colours or perceived better colour choices were placed at the earlier options ...
You almost caught me off-guard there

First come the primary colors of light, then the secondary colors.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: