Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Forum Upgrade

After less than 5 minutes of downtime this afternoon, I've successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version of vBulletin, 3.6.6. Since this version was mainly a bugfix/maintenance release, there were very few frontend changes.

Quite a few backend changes had to be made, especialy with respect to templates, however. Please let me know if you find any bugs, including those associated with logging out.

In addition to this upgrade, I've been working on expanding the Lens Review Database. I've also added a new feature to the site: advanced multiple-choice polls. Please read more about them in this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/suggestions-errors-help/6903-new-type-poll.html

Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-12-2007, 09:19 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Mo, for all the work. I've found a home here after all the brouhaha over at dpr. This is a much nicer place to interact with other Pentax photographers.

NaCl(took me a while to get used to the interface but now I like it)H2O
05-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
HERE HERE for Mo!!! Admin extraordinair (?) and photo guru, and prolly an all around nice guy.
05-13-2007, 03:48 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
HERE HERE for Mo!!! Admin extraordinair (?) and photo guru, and prolly an all around nice guy.
What He Said. Thanks Adam.

05-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You Rock!

Thanks Adam, for keeping such a wonderful site up-to-date and full of fun!

I use the 'speedy' skin and really appreciate the upgrade using the new forum logo. I like the colors of your updated skins as well, but I'm on dial-up so I stick with the fast one.
05-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
One more thing

In the lens review database, instead of having links like

Code:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/showcat.php?cat=30
we'll now have links like this:

Code:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/category-SMC-Pentax-FA-Lenses.html
This change should make URLs easier to understand, and search engines like Google will also be satisfied! Over the next few days, I'll be working on adding URLs like these to every lens entry as well. Right now, they're only for categories.

Let me know if you find any errors. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the updates so far

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-21-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
vBulletin came out with yet another patch, so that's also installed now.

Over the next few days (weeks rather) I'll be trying to add as many lens fact tables as possible to the lens database. As always, if you have photos of lenses that are missing, please PM me.

Adam

10-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
Veteran Member

What they all said. Thanks Adam.