Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
what does the number of downloads mean?

when reviewing the images I have attached to postings, under the image file name is the size of the image and the number of "downloads"

I never really paid attention before to this, and it was only when I went to link an image to another posting that I noticed some og the images have been downloaded 1500-2000 times.

Is this the number of times someone has opened a thread, or have people actually downloaded the image that many times?

I don't specifically care, because I always resize images before posting to a lower resolution, but I am curious.

08-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It's the number of times the file has been requested, which is virtually the same as the number of times someone has opened the thread. In some cases, however, if people link your photo on other sites or in other threads, the download count may be higher. This is especially true of signature tags.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks, I was just surprised to see 1500 downloads of a whooping crane although I do use it to illustrate the use of a 2x sigma TC and also K10D 1600 ISO performance