Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Zenfolio embedded slideshows

This is more of a question than a suggestion, but a suggestion if the question has no answer except "not possible". Is it possible for me to embed Zenfolio's newly introduced "embedded slideshows"? They're meant for embedding, don't use website bandwidth, and save forum screen space by permitting us to embed many large images into the space of one image.

For example, this is the code Zenfolio tells me to past for the Flash slideshow to work. It doesn't work here... Is it because I'm not tagging the link appropriately within the forum, or will the forum simply not take it?

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" width="1100" height="733" align="" src="http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/code/slideshow.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="id=912491929&background=0xf5f5f5&delay=4&transition=2&loop=1&allowfs=1&allowthumbs=1&showlink=1&allowtitles=0&showtitles=1&frame=0xcccccc"></embed>

08-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You're not allowed to parse HTML code on the forum for security reasons. However, I can get these slideshows to work if you tell me which variable of the ones defined in the flashvars parameter tells us that the slideshow belongs to you. Is it id=912491929? I would then be able to make BBcode tags allowing you to embed the slideshow.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't think it will work then, because id=912491929 is the designator for the particular gallery for which the slideshow was created. So it would work for that particular slideshow, but not for any further ones I create and post, and I wouldn't want to bother you every time, nor would it be realistic for you to comply. I just wanted to know whether I was making a mistake or whether the forum had a limitation. You've answered my question. Thanks!
08-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Actually, I think the exact opposite is true. BBCode tags allow you to specify a certain parameter. So, for example, you'd be able to use something like: [zslideshow id=912491929][/zslideshow] and be able to change the ID at your leisure. I wouldn't have to mess with it after initially configuring the tag.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #5

I would appriciate such a feature...
08-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

[zslideshow=912491929][/zslideshow]

Test!

Adam

08-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There you go! Usage is:
Code:
[zslideshow=912491929][/zslideshow]

Adam

08-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Very cool feature for the forum. Full screen looks very nice. Thanks Adam and Mischivo for bringing this to life.
08-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow. Sweet. Thank you, Adam! :-)

However, may I suggest you to make one minor alteration to the code? The initial settings I gave you instruct Zenfolio to include image titles. Personally, I find these rather distracting, and they may block potentially important parts of the image. Others may disagree to this. The code at the bottom has what I believe are the most neutral settings:

1. 800 by 600 pixels, which is more vertical orientation and P&S friendly [my initial one was 800 by 533]
2. Images display for 5 seconds automatically
3. Loops
4. Allows fullscreen
5. Includes thumbnails
6. NO titles
7. Displays link to Zenfolio gallery

Code:
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" width="800" height="600" align="" src="http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/code/slideshow.swf" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="id=912491929&background=0xf5f5f5&delay=5&transition=2&loop=1&allowfs=1&allowthumbs=1&showlink=1&allowtitles=0&showtitles=0&frame=0xcccccc"></embed>

Regardless of whether these suggestions are accepted, thanks a lot for implementing it as it is now!
08-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
Veteran Member

very very awesome! Thx Adam. Can this be done with Flickr as well?
08-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by mischivo Quote
Wow. Sweet. Thank you, Adam! :-)

However, may I suggest you to make one minor alteration to the code? The initial settings I gave you instruct Zenfolio to include image titles. Personally, I find these rather distracting, and they may block potentially important parts of the image. Others may disagree to this. The code at the bottom has what I believe are the most neutral settings:

1. 800 by 600 pixels, which is more vertical orientation and P&S friendly [my initial one was 800 by 533]
2. Images display for 5 seconds automatically
3. Loops
4. Allows fullscreen
5. Includes thumbnails
6. NO titles
7. Displays link to Zenfolio gallery

Code:

Regardless of whether these suggestions are accepted, thanks a lot for implementing it as it is now!
I will have a look at these changes and see what I can do!

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
very very awesome! Thx Adam. Can this be done with Flickr as well?
Yes- just provide me with the appropriate code and I will be able to make a tag for flickr slideshows!

Adam

08-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yes- just provide me with the appropriate code and I will be able to make a tag for flickr slideshows!
Here you go! Hope you can make it work!

HTML Code:
<object width="400" height="300"> <param name="flashvars" value="offsite=true&lang=en-us&page_show_url=%2Fphotos%2Fjohnmflores%2Fsets%2F72157621936847557%2Fshow%2F&page_show_back_url=%2Fphotos%2Fjohnmflores%2Fsets%2F72157621936847557%2F&set_id=72157621936847557&jump_to="></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/slideshow/show.swf?v=71649"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/slideshow/show.swf?v=71649" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="offsite=true&lang=en-us&page_show_url=%2Fphotos%2Fjohnmflores%2Fsets%2F72157621936847557%2Fshow%2F&page_show_back_url=%2Fphotos%2Fjohnmflores%2Fsets%2F72157621936847557%2F&set_id=72157621936847557&jump_to=" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>
08-24-2009, 03:30 PM   #13
Site Supporter

This will be sweet! I'm too lazy to scroll somebody's post with more than 4-5 pics but I can do one-click slide shows.
08-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Nope, the flick code doesn't work. Are you sure there isn't a version of it that more closely resembles the zenfolio one?

Also, I've now updated the zenfolio code as advised.

Adam

08-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
Veteran Member

The code that I supplied above was provided by Flickr as a means of embedding slideshows. Before they enabled that feature, I learned of a way to do it with iFrames. Here's the code I use:

HTML Code:
<iframe src=http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?user_id=45238051@N00&tags=BV500 frameBorder=0 width=500 height=500 scrolling=no></iframe>

And here's the site I used it on - TwoWheelsGood.us. Look near the bottom third of the page, June 2007 for an example of it's use. It's not a perfect solution though, I believe it pulls photos based on a user and a particular tag, in this case "BV500". If the tag had been "Pentax" it would pull all of my photos tagged "Pentax" and not just ones from a particular shoot.

In other words, if you want to share photos from a particular event/photo shoot, you have to tag all the photos accordingly.

Hope this helps.