Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Print Exchange

I was thinking that it might be interesting to organize a print exchange. I tried a search and didn't see where anything like this had been done here.

I would post a thread asking for folks to sign up and after a week or two, pair them up (probably from different countries where possible to make things more interesting). You would contact your print buddy to exchange 1 print (that way you're not shipping 40 8x10's all over the place). If it goes well, it can be done again (and refined to reduce bugs in the original plan).

I guess this could be posted in the mini-challenges, games, etc forum???

Questions...comments?

Cheers,

Adam

08-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is more of a suggestion for other users than a suggestion for the site! Feel free to start something like this anytime if you find the interest.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comment. I just wasn't sure if something like that had been tried and flopped or if that would be the appropriate forum.

Cheers,

Adam
08-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
Damn Brit

This might be something better served by starting a usergroup.
Another thought, maybe getting a business involved (Adorama) maybe, they might offer some discount on bulk printing which would cover postage costs.

08-29-2009, 04:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Dunno anything about usergroups.

This wouldn't be large-scale. One print to one person and one back to you type thing. Just to get people out of the rut of ONLY sharing electronically.
08-29-2009, 04:31 AM   #6
Damn Brit

Here's a link to the Usergroups page: PentaxForums.com - Social Groups

Here's a link to demonstrate a Usergroup in action: PentaxForums.com - Utah Photography Workshop - 2009

Once you have people signed up, you can start a discussion for each pair. I think it would be easier for people to keep track of if they take up your idea.

Just trying to help.
08-29-2009, 07:12 AM   #7

Photos: Albums
Great idea! I'm in (if someone like my photos... LOL)

08-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK...I'll research this more tonight.

Thanks for the input.