Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2007, 06:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Is there a quick way to list out all particpated posts which have new posts?

Is there a quick way to list out all my particpated posts which has new posts updated in the thread, no matter the thread is opened by me or others?

If no, I would suggest to add this very useful feature, which any forum member can keep track of their interested topics and participated discussion at a quick glance.

05-23-2007, 06:21 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Switch to standard/simple skin, in the bar click New Posts. Or if you like other skins try the different menues, like Search and Quick Links.
05-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
Switch to standard/simple skin, in the bar click New Posts. Or if you like other skins try the different menues, like Search and Quick Links.
Thanks for the reply, Jonas. I have just tried but it doesn't work out for me. I just see all the new posts by anyone but not *only* those I have participated in..
05-23-2007, 06:55 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Thanks for the reply, Jonas. I have just tried but it doesn't work out for me. I just see all the new posts by anyone but not *only* those I have participated in..
My error RH. I misunderstood. You can make yourself a shortcut with this property:
Code:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=process&showposts=0&starteronly=0&ex actname=1&searchuser=RiceHigh
Clicking that shortcut should give you a list of threads you have taken part of.
Copy the text exactly as it is inside the Code box, don't bother with the forum software trying to make a link of a part of it.

05-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow, amazing! It really works but damn slow. Thanks for the tips, anyway!

BTW, how come you got this? You're really clever! :-) (I clicked and clicked in the Forum place but have never had any idea to get the solution - so I seek for help here!)

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
My error RH. I misunderstood. You can make yourself a shortcut with this property:
Code:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=process&showposts=0&starteronly=0&ex actname=1&searchuser=RiceHigh
Clicking that shortcut should give you a list of threads you have taken part of.
Copy the text exactly as it is inside the Code box, don't bother with the forum software trying to make a link of a part of it.
05-23-2007, 07:30 AM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Wow, amazing! It really works but damn slow. Thanks for the tips, anyway!

BTW, how come you got this? You're really clever! :-) (I clicked and clicked in the Forum place but have never had any idea to get the solution - so I seek for help here!)
It's just as slow as any other search function - so let's just that it is a little slow, not damn slow.
I don't know about clever, but I can read: Adam posted that some time back. It was buried down in a thread somewhere and I guess not many took notice.
05-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The search shouldn't be slow unless you use very generaly keywords such as just "Pentax."

Rice, try these cleaner links for a bit more spped. They are on your profile page:

Posts: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=650
Threads: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=650&starteronly=1

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can you point me to the thread on how to do that? I normally just check Todays Posts but that could be usefull to me to.
05-23-2007, 01:03 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This thread might be what you're looking for: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/suggestions-errors-help/6697-keeping-track-threads.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-24-2007, 12:51 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mo, thank you for your reply.

However, your quick links are not what I want to have. Instead, Jonas's link is exactly what I meant, that is, to display all the threads which I have participated in and to display the threads which has just been updated on the top of the list (I'm not sure if Jonas's search method will serve the second purpose, though).

Thank you both for the tips again.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
The search shouldn't be slow unless you use very generaly keywords such as just "Pentax."

Rice, try these cleaner links for a bit more spped. They are on your profile page:

Posts: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=650
Threads: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=650&starteronly=1

Last edited by RiceHigh; 05-24-2007 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Error correction
05-27-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, I've been looking for the exact same feature, which I used a lot on the Anandtech.com forums. Thanks! FuseTalk (AnandTech's forum software) has a page called My Forums that gives you a quick listing of all threads that you recently participated in, all off the recent threads with the most activities, and all of your favorites and subscriptions.