Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Category Prefixes added to "Post Your Photos" Forum!

Today, I'm finally rewarding the largest sub-section of our forum with a handy categorization system that utilizes thread prefixes. The new system will make browsing and sorthing threads much easier!

A category prefix is now required for ALL new threads in the Post Your Photos section as well as in the Photo Critique sub-forum.

Please see the attached screenshot for details.

Questions and suggestions are always welcome!

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is my favorite improvment! I love smart titles, but sometimes it's good to know what's behind the link
Thank you for all your work.
09-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That was quick Adam.
Well done with all the added features you're adding to PF.
09-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Could we have a "still life" category?

And by "street" is it meant candids?

09-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Street photography: Street photography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll think about still life. Wouldn't it normally fit into one of the other categories though, or be an abstract?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I have a bunch of shells in a dish and I take a shot of it (as I have) then it is nothing but a still life, IMO. Same with flowers in a vase, fruit in a dish, or any other classic situation. I would not call it an abstract unless I actually had made the subject unrecognisable, so that it was only the formal qualities of shape, shade etc. that the photo was about. I would not call these "nature" shots since they are not natural, even if the materials might be.
10-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

How about EVENTS?

10-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Are you referring to pentaxforums related events, such as get tigethers, workshops, and world pentax day?
10-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Are you referring to pentaxforums related events, such as get tigethers, workshops, and world pentax day?
No... things like parades, concerts, air shows, boat shows, conventions, rallys and the like... Some could fit under "street" I suppose, but "events" would be able to cover a lot of ground.
10-31-2009, 06:25 AM   #10
Veteran Member

"Not Work-Safe" is either not an understood concept or people are posting to it just to get a rise out of folks.
11-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gees Adam! You've been working overtime!
Another great addition and one that will make sorting through submissions a lot easier!
JP