Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #31
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It's either held twice a year, or every quarter, so that seasons line up.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-29-2009, 04:22 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It balances out

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Are we sure all the similtaneous clicking of shutters won't throw the earth off its axis? Or speed it up or slow it down? I'm worried.
See all the people in the northern hemisphere will be clicking with their right hands while simultaneously people in the southern hemisphere will be doing the same thing. Since they are on opposite sides of the globe the torsional effects will be balanced out. You could say that since there are a lot more people in the northern hemisphere it will still be unbalanced, however since it is spring going into summer (ie day getting longer) their shutter clicks will have more torsional effect than the people in the northern hemisphere because their day is getting shorter so they have less torsional force.
It all balances out. The only problem is that all those digital sutter clicks happening at the same time will send an electronic digital pulse out into the universe and making all alien photogs jealous because they have no access to pentax equipment.

NaCl(almost as balanced as me)H2O
09-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #33
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I've now updated our Events page with information about the World Day and SyncSnap. Pentax has also officially recognized both- see their Facebook page.

PentaxForums.com - The Largest Pentax-Dedicated Forum Community - Events & Workshops

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #34
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
For the world day photos can you open the gallery a day earlier as it didn't open until the next day last time here in Australia

09-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #35
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
As long as it doesn't involve me getting up in the middle of the night, absolutely!
09-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #36
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I've now updated our Events page with information about the World Day and SyncSnap. Pentax has also officially recognized both- see their Facebook page.

PentaxForums.com - The Largest Pentax-Dedicated Forum Community - Events & Workshops
This is great stuff Adam.
Pentax getting in on the act with what's happening in PF.
10-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Syncsnap is a great idea. All the computations required shows how much man has messed up time measurement. Monochrome had a great idea about using world time on the Pentax menu. Me, I am going to time bracket a few hours each way to make sure I get a shot at the correct time!
thanks
barondla

Check out the WINNERS in POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #23. Enter #24. Any brand camera. Enter now!

10-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #38
Forum Member

24:00:00 or 00:00:00?? According ISO 8601

which is an international standard covering the exchange of date and time-related data that uses the 24-hour clock system -- both are correct.

The basic ISO8601 format is [hh][mm][ss] and the extended format is [hh]:[mm]:[ss].

[hh] refers to a zero-padded hour between 00 and 24 (where 24 is only used to notate midnight at the end of a calendar day). [mm] refers to a minute between 00 and 59. [ss] refers to a second between 00 and 60 (where 60 is only used to notate an added leap second). So a time might appear as either "134730" in the basic format or "13:47:30" in the extended format. It is also acceptable to omit lower order time elements for reduced accuracy: [hh]:[mm], [hh][mm] and [hh] are all used.

Midnight is a special case and can be referred to as both "00:00" and "24:00". The notation "00:00" is used at the beginning of a calendar day and is the more frequently used. At the end of a day use "24:00". Note that "2007-04-05T24:00" is the same instant as "2007-04-06T00:00" .

Midnight GMT here on the East Coast USA would be 8:00pm(EDT) but should I use the 16th or the 17th??? I've got the right time but which is the right date? Is it the consensus for this event that midnight is the START of the 17th (my pic would be taken at 8pm on the 16th) or is it the the END of the 16th (my pic would be taken at 8pm on the 17th would be the end of the 17th)?
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #39
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The first post of the thread says it all- have a look.
10-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm worried I won't be able to participate

My K20D had an accident and it is currently off getting repaired. They said it takes "less than 4 weeks" to fix and tomorrow is the end of the third week. I'm starting to think that it is highly likely I won't have my camera back and won't be able to participate

Can I use my K1000 and scan the images or is it digital only?

Oops! I should have read the first post first

Last edited by GregK8; 10-05-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Invalid question
10-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EXIF Data for scanned film images

Actually, here's another question I don't see addressed. What do you do about EXIF data in scanned images. is it just Scout's Honor that they were taken at the right time?
10-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Yes.
10-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #43
Forum Member

Well, my entries ought to be interesting...seeing as I'm shooting for a horror movie convention all weekend....hahah.
10-08-2009, 03:30 AM   #44
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by big red Quote
For the world day photos can you open the gallery a day earlier as it didn't open until the next day last time here in Australia

at this moment it is 20:30 [8:30 PM] on the 8th of october so i should take my first pic in 27 hours 30 minutes from now
10-08-2009, 03:31 AM   #45
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As long as it doesn't involve me getting up in the middle of the night, absolutely!
so can you open the gallery in 27 hours 30 mins from now
Closed Thread