Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I am not sure if mention was made of including important Pentax/Photography related dates like Pentaxian day or Ned Bunnell's birthday.

09-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As one of the winners, I'll admit I am thrilled with this idea! And will gladly submit a high rez image of Flying 118.

I do see one problem though. You might find it rather difficult to include the Dec 2009 winner's photo (unless that month's voting was ended early enough to meet production deadlines) and still produce a calendar that serves any purpose in January of 2010 (what with layout, production, shipping times etc.) You might want to consider a sort of fiscal year of images, say Oct 08 - Sep 09. I know that sorta messes up the "Best of the Year" thing but that would insure that the January winner didn't get skipped over straight to February.

Also, choosing a cover should be left to the moderators and Adam and Ole (recusing anyone with an image among the monthly winners).

Mike

Last edited by MRRiley; 09-29-2009 at 10:12 AM. Reason: damned typos... LOL
09-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of including Dec '08 through Nov '09 winners. That way, we've got 12 photos, and we can get the calendar out on time. Expect to hear more news about the whole calendar idea within a few days; more serious work will begin in about two weeks along with several other planned site improvements.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #19
Banned

this is a really neat idea. I would certainly purchase such a calendar.

10-25-2009, 10:20 AM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've now gotten 8 out of the 10 current winning entries, and the last 2 are on their way!

So, it looks like this calendar will become a reality!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Would it be a suggestion to call for preorders now, to gauge the number that could be ordered for printing.
As it is a first, there is an unknown interest out there. At least it might give you some indication, Adam.

I am up for one, thats for sure.
10-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

So far, I've seen a very large interest, but I will also run a poll to guage it. I have decided that the calendars will be processed through cafepress, and should become available during the first week of December, just in time for Christmas and 2010*! Pricing will be $20 for a 8.5x11 version and $26 for a 11x17 version.

*Changes will be made to our November contest. It will end early, and the poll will run for only a week instead of two.

Adam

10-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This thread is now sticky.

Adam

10-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
i'll stand in line to get one!
10-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
i'll stand in line to get one!
Me Too ..
11-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #26

Hey!

I,d buy one fo sure ant put it in my work place and probably in a nive viewable spot. As lons as the proceeds(? profit?) go to this wonderful forum.
11-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #27
Administrator
Site Webmaster

See here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentaxforums-com-news/79906-2010-pf-commu...ming-soon.html

This thread is now closed.

Adam

Closed Thread