Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2007, 09:12 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Can't attach image

I'm trying to attach an image, but I keep getting an error "upload of file failed"

I've tried .jpg, .gif, .pdf - all with the same error.

All within the size and KB requirements.

I have used zero% of space

I'd attach a screen shot of the error, but I can't

Thanks.

05-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Occasionally, the server goofs up when creating directories and sets the wrong folder permissions for your attachments- this time around, that's not the case, however, since the system hasn't even tried creating your attachment folder yet.

Have you been uploading images wider than 800 pixels or larger than 500Kb? If so, then please reduce the size (or use the photo gallery instead); if not, please try uploading again. I've created your attachment folder manually in the filesystem...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
test attachment

332 x 500
.jpg
.gif

Upload Failed

1kb
test.txt

Upload Failed

Tried to upload image from URL

Upload failed.

If I do try and upload an image that is oversized, I get this error message:
The Dimension limits for this filetype are 800 x 536. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 2000 x 3008.

Last edited by varnco; 05-29-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added text
05-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just checked the filesystem again, and I actually found a problem a little higher up in the hierarchy. Try uploading one more time- it should work fine now

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #5

Original Poster
Bingo!

Thanks!
Attached Images