Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2009, 04:48 AM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by saien Quote
An big Aussie forum has a system of attaching prefixes in the marketplace which works really well. Maybe something similar could be used here? Just short ones like [US], [EU], [AU], [WW]? I think it would be really useful too but of course it's all up to you and you must be very busy already
That's actually not such a bad idea, but it will require some extra coding, just like our recent feedback changes did. So, even if I were to approach the problem with that solution, it would take a good hour or so to implement.

10-28-2009, 04:57 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by saien Quote
An big Aussie forum has a system of attaching prefixes in the marketplace which works really well. Maybe something similar could be used here? Just short ones like [US], [EU], [AU], [WW]?
Only problem with that system is what does it really mean? If I have a lens for sale in the EU but it is available WW, both facts are of note, since a buyer in EU will get it for less shipping than normally expected from a USA sale.
10-28-2009, 05:00 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It would indicate any possible shipping restrictions; if there were none, no tag would appear.
10-28-2009, 06:39 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Only problem with that system is what does it really mean? If I have a lens for sale in the EU but it is available WW, both facts are of note, since a buyer in EU will get it for less shipping than normally expected from a USA sale.
Yes, but shipping cost's less important than knowing if the seller will actually ship the thing to you in the first place. If we only get to put in one code, I think that's it.

Besides, nine times out of ten, people list flat fees for shipping, as they've worked it out before posting. It then effectively becomes part of the price.

Destinations in the title would save clicking through all the threads, which is why I usually stay out of the marketplace. It's just too tedious, and in some cases, infuriating, especially if the seller starts whining about not moving something.

Something similar to the internet country codes, but more regionalised. OC, US, EU, AS, NA, SA.

10-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #20
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Agreed with this idea.
No big deal if we have to click into the thread to know where the item is, but at least knowing it's a worldwide ship means we can decide whether to look into it or not.
10-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It would indicate any possible shipping restrictions; if there were none, no tag would appear.
Cool. I have some items for sale soon (unfortunately) so I'll bear this in mind.
10-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
After much intense calculation, I've decided to go with my original idea of simply moving up the shipping destinations field so that it's visible in thread hover text; it's now been implemented.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: