Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by knyghtfall Quote
I have exactly the same experience. And I guess we both have followed the steps as outlined. I can't see how it could be user error.

The reason why I thought it is a new system is because I have left feedback on this forum before. The latest feedback screen is get is very different from the once that I remember - the former one had fields for you to indicate if it was a positive, neutral or bad experience, 1 line to be displayed to all, and an additional field for further information. The screen I get when I now click on the 'leave feedback' option (after going through the pop-up screen carlb stated) is now just one textbox for me to fill in comments. Thereafter when I filled in comments and click submit, i get the error message.
The pop up message is normal- its supposed to help make sure you're leaving feedback for the right person.

I will log in as you later today and try to submit the feedback form. Bet you I won't get an error!

Note that when I did this for carlb, I was also directly logged into his account, which disables my administrative bypass and displays the same error messages that you'd get.

11-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The pop up message is normal- its supposed to help make sure you're leaving feedback for the right person.

I will log in as you later today and try to submit the feedback form. Bet you I won't get an error!

Note that when I did this for carlb, I was also directly logged into his account, which disables my administrative bypass and displays the same error messages that you'd get.
No bets Adam. There's sometime totally inexplicable about this problem. Perhaps a firewall / cookies problem?
11-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I doubt it's either of those, but it may be a browser issue (with the JS popup). I will check in firefox.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I logged into your account and left feedback successfully, in Firefox, with no errors. Let me know if you'd like any of the comments changed.

Here are the steps I followed:
1. I clicked this link: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/feedback_leave.php?u=18925&tl=http%3A%2F%...v-filters.html
2. I filled out every field the form.
3. I hit submit, and voila!

I really don't see where the error you're reporting was coming from. I wasn't able to replicate it for either you or carlb, so I can only conclude that either you were clicking the wrong link to leave feedback, or the popup was leading you to a page other than what I linked above.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #20

I am having trouble too. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Go to https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/feedback.php?u=102
2. Click "Submit Feedback For jthommo"

Expected behavior:

- Form to leave feedback.

Actual behavior:

- Strange form that I did not recognize and which did not seem to be a feedback form (see screenshot).

This is using Firefox 3.5 on Linux. The "leave feedback" link in the sale thread had the same result.

Thanks,

Reid
Attached Images

11-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yay, I found the problem!
It turns out that in the Red, Classic, and Simple styles, I forgot to update the feedback form tempate. Thus, everything only works in the Green skin. For now, leave feedback using that. I will work on patching the other styles soon.

Adam

11-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #22
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Should now be fixed accross all styles. Can't believe I forgot to update the other 3!

Adam