Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Marketplace Improvements

Today I've implemented two long-requested features for the Marketplace (and broken about 4 thousand thread titles in the process)!

1. Thread closure for For-Sale threads
Ever wanted to delete a thread without marking it as sold? Now you can do so by selecting "Request Thread Closure" from the thread tools dropdown. This will move the thread to the 'expired' forum, in which your thread will be hidden.

See the attached screenshot for details.

2. 'Expired' forum
All threads with no activity (posts) for 90 days will now automatically be moved into this section. When manually closing a 'wanted' thread, it will also be moved to the 'Expired' section.

Other remarks:
-hiding permissions for the 'expired' forum aren't decided yet, but I'm planning to only let users see their own threads.
-all threads currently in the 'expired' forum have a thread title of 'expired'. All the expired titles will be restored, although this may take a while.
-all current threads in the 'expired' forum were moved based on first post date, and not last post date. Therefore, active threads may have been moved in error. Please contact me if you need any thread moved back to the F-S or wanted section.

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

where did the sold items go?
11-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was just looking for that myself.
11-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It's a sub-forum of "Wanted", for now.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

not to be thick, but where is that?
11-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It's a sub-forum of the Marketplace, as it's always been.

Adam

11-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I am closing this thread as it's about to be superceeded by a more current announcement (we've been hard at work on more Marketplace improvements!).

Adam

Closed Thread