Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Should we add a "General Pentax Photography" Section?
Yes 787.50%
No 112.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New Forum Category

Would anyone be interested in seeing a "General Pentax Photography" section added to the forum?

I've noticed that users are posting very general threads, often unrelated or indirectly related to the individual Pentax cameras, in the DSLR forum. The current image processing/technique forum is a bit too specific and it will be renamed to just "Post Processing and Software" if I also decide to add the general photo category.

The general photo category would be appropriate for the following types of threads:
  • Exposure issues
  • Macro photography
  • Using the various camera modes
  • IR/BW photography
  • Film selection
  • Developing film
  • Fundamentals of photography
The current "Everything Else" category should contain, among others, the following topics:
  • Photo magazines
  • Individal/Group photo shoots
  • Internet resources
The "General Talk" category, found at the bottom of the forum, is intended for the discussion of topics completely unrelated to photography.

Please vote in the poll and post any additional comments in a reply! Thanks!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'd also like to see a dedicated section added for personal reviews of lenses made by companies other than Pentax. And perhaps another for reviews of more general equipment made by Pentax and other companies (studio lighting, studio equipment, bags, tripods, or whatever). A dedicated section for these would prompt participants to post such reviews, which would obviously benefit others. I know you have a general rule about new sections/categories (none without more posts), but at least keep these in mind.

stewart