Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Automated Marketplace Thread Closure

Today, I'm pleased to announce that the automated thread-closure system for our Marketplace has finally arrived!

Previously, the only way you could have your "For Sale" threads closed was by sending me a PM through a link in the "Thread Tools" dropdown. The nature of this system was slow and inefficient and many threads that otherwise had to be closed were left open due to the tedious process.

The new system makes use of a permission-based script that automatically closes and labels your sold-item threads. To mark a thread as sold, simply click the "Mark Thread as Sold" link in the "Thread Tools" dropdown, just like before. You cannot close others' threads or threads posted in a forum other than the Photographer's Marketplace.

Furthermore, I've added a "Request Thread Closure" link to all threads in the "Wanted Items" forum that will quickly allow you close threads which are no longer valid.

Below are few screenshots of how to access the new system.

In The Photographer's Marketplace...

In The "Wanted Items" Forum...

Threads marked as sold through this system will be moved by the site moderators into the "sold items" forum at their leisure. The "[SOLD]" prefix will not be added to current threads in the "sold items" forum. You cannot automatically re-open a thread, so please be cautious when using the system! Enjoy!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-09-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Arent you sposed to be on vacation?
06-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
I had the same thought. Try to relax Adam. The forum works great and now you made it even better. Still, I hope you can stay cool and enjoy being free for some time.
06-10-2007, 02:49 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Doesn't mean I don't have any spare time

Have you seen my latest photo galleries in the photo forum?

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-29-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
[One year later] I'm happy to announce that the thread closure system now also automatically moves sold threads to the "Sold Items" forum- previously, I had to manually conduct a search several times a day to move closed threads.

Adam

08-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
It has come to my attention that this system had not been working for some users since I made the above modification. However, everything should now once again be up and running; I'd appreciate it if everyone who's thus far been ecountering errors could mark their threads as "sold" and confirm that the system is operational. Thanks!

Adam