Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bymy141 Quote
Adam, I don't understand how that could happen.
I "just" hit the Quote button, added text, then hit the preview post button, then the preview complained about the tags....

I did try it at least 2 times with fresh responses.

- Bert
I have corrected the problem with the 404 error.

When using the preview feature, make sure you remove the lang tags if any are shown. Otherwise, the system will try to translate twice, and the quote tags get translated too, which results in a tag mismatch.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Will it translate American into English?
11-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

English is English for our purposes.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2009, 11:30 AM   #19
Pentaxian

An example from an e-mail:
Dear Bart,
rparmar has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - The FA Limited Club - in the Pentax SLR Lens Discussion forum of PentaxForums.com. If you want to post a reply, please open the thread by following the link below. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.
This thread is located at:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/59538-fa-limit...-new-post.html
Here is the message that has just been posted:
<!--START vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->
---Quote (Originally by brecklundin)---
Plus I'm forced into using it because I just shipped the 35ltd off for a 43ltd...a perfectly great copy of the 35ltd and still I could not resist the lure of more silver.
---End Quote---
<!--END vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->I can relate to that! I traded my DA35 for a DA12-24, because it was more important for me to have those focal lengths covered. But I kept the FA43. Though it is less practical than the DA35 I find it fills a special niche.
This may not be the best technical example of the lens in use, especially with the post-processing, but I like it. (And so does the dancer.) FA43 strikes again where the FA77 would have been too close a crop.
Angie Smalis dances Nothing Fields
Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2713/4132227479_8b0ed07095_o.jpg (Angie Smalis dances Nothing Fields on Flickr - Photo Sharing!)
There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
All the best,
PentaxForums.com

Not all the e-mails look like this.
f.i. one for a post by Eaglerapids did not show this.
One for a post by pcarfan did as well.
Perhaps rparmar and pcarfan didn't set their language yet?
Neither did I.

11-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
English is English for our purposes.
It makes it more fun...American spelling is hilarious!

Now we just need a translator for the general forum...instead of a flag it could be a small boxing glove.....
11-30-2009, 12:14 AM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
An example from an e-mail:
Dear Bart,
rparmar has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - The FA Limited Club - in the Pentax SLR Lens Discussion forum of PentaxForums.com. If you want to post a reply, please open the thread by following the link below. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.
This thread is located at:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/59538-fa-limit...-new-post.html
Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by brecklundin)---
Plus I'm forced into using it because I just shipped the 35ltd off for a 43ltd...a perfectly great copy of the 35ltd and still I could not resist the lure of more silver.
---End Quote---
I can relate to that! I traded my DA35 for a DA12-24, because it was more important for me to have those focal lengths covered. But I kept the FA43. Though it is less practical than the DA35 I find it fills a special niche.
This may not be the best technical example of the lens in use, especially with the post-processing, but I like it. (And so does the dancer.) FA43 strikes again where the FA77 would have been too close a crop.
Angie Smalis dances Nothing Fields
Image: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2713/4132227479_8b0ed07095_o.jpg (Angie Smalis dances Nothing Fields on Flickr - Photo Sharing!)
There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
All the best,
PentaxForums.com

Not all the e-mails look like this.
f.i. one for a post by Eaglerapids did not show this.
One for a post by pcarfan did as well.
Perhaps rparmar and pcarfan didn't set their language yet?
Neither did I.
This is a confirmed bug. I'll work on fixing this as soon as possible, although this may take a week or two.

Adam

11-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This is a confirmed bug. I'll work on fixing this as soon as possible, although this may take a week or two.
No rush. Hardly important, I would say. The message can easily be read anyway.