Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Searching Quotes

I enjoy this forum and have entered several posts about technical stuff. I avoid discussing actual photography since I have little to contribute.

Is there a way to search for replies to your own posts? I know I can search for my user name to find my own posts. But today I found someone asked a question about one of my posts several days ago. I would have liked to have responded promptly, rather than stumble on it days later. This is not the first time, and happens on other systems as well. It would be nice to quickly know some did a "quote" reply to your post.

06-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeoTaylor Quote
I enjoy this forum and have entered several posts about technical stuff. I avoid discussing actual photography since I have little to contribute.

Is there a way to search for replies to your own posts? I know I can search for my user name to find my own posts. But today I found someone asked a question about one of my posts several days ago. I would have liked to have responded promptly, rather than stumble on it days later. This is not the first time, and happens on other systems as well. It would be nice to quickly know some did a "quote" reply to your post.
I think this topic deserves a separate thread...

Quoted replies are in no way flagged in the database, but executing your username as the search query will return all quotes of your posts, and hopefully little more. Give it a try!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
I think this topic deserves a separate thread...

Quoted replies are in no way flagged in the database, but executing your username as the search query will return all quotes of your posts, and hopefully little more. Give it a try!
I'm sorry I posted in the wrong thread Adam, I thought I was one level up in Suggestions, Errors, and Help. Feel free to move or delete my question.

Your answer did the trick. I had searched by my user name in Advanced Search By User Name. I tried my user name in Advanced Search by Keyword and it found anyone who quoted me, including your post.

Thank You.
06-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm glad you managed to find what you were looking for! The search engine here is quite flexible...

I went ahead and moved these posts into a new thread to make them easier to find.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: