Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Er, where are my sent items?

A few questions on the "Sent Items" folder from my personal mailbox.
  1. When I first go to "Sent Items" it only shows a single item from last week. I have to go the extra step and click the "Filter" button to see any other posts. Is this normal?
  2. I've sent some PMs today and yesterday to other forum members, but they aren't showing in my "Sent Items" at all. Is there a problem, or do they not show up until the user has actually received them?

Thanks for any help!
-10d

12-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
By default only messages from the past 30 days are shown.

Also, you may have disabled the option to automatically save copies of sent messages. Make sure it is set here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

If you submit a message and receive no errors, consider the message sent. There's no way a PM can get 'stuck', unlike e-mails. However, you might want to use message tracking (i.e. requesting a read receipt) to confirm that someone's read them.
Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
By default only messages from the past 30 days are shown.
Where is this default changed? I don't recall ever changing it. Even then, when I go to my sent items only one message (and it's always the same message) is ever shown unless I click the filter button, and then the rest fo the month show up. Even ones that I've sent today are not shown.

QuoteQuote:
Also, you may have disabled the option to automatically save copies of sent messages.
I checked, and the auto-save to Sent Items was not checked. I've since now turned that on. But that begs the question: what drives the "saved" messages if that option is not checked? I've never tried to manually save a sent message, yet there are a lot of messages in there (again, which only show up when I "refilter" the list).
12-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by tendim Quote
Where is this default changed? I don't recall ever changing it. Even then, when I go to my sent items only one message (and it's always the same message) is ever shown unless I click the filter button, and then the rest fo the month show up. Even ones that I've sent today are not shown.
This default can't be changed.

QuoteQuote:
I checked, and the auto-save to Sent Items was not checked. I've since now turned that on. But that begs the question: what drives the "saved" messages if that option is not checked? I've never tried to manually save a sent message, yet there are a lot of messages in there (again, which only show up when I "refilter" the list).
I've confirmed that messages aren't being show properly in the Sent Items folder (at least on your account). However, I can't reproduce this on mine. I'll take another look into this shortly.

If the option is not checked, only messages you decide to store on an individual basis are saved in the sent items folder. Note that the checkbox to do this is only visible when using the regular reply (not quick reply), and therefore the option should always be checked if you want to save copies of all your messages.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I've found the reason why you need to filter the messages before you see them all in the sent folder.

I believe it's because you didn't have the option to save all messages to the 'sent' option checked until now. Thus, the system digs up messages that are actually in your recipients' inbox, but only after you run the filtering (search). Normally, no messages would be visible, since physical copies are made when that checkbox is checked.

Adam